Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Help with PCV Valve! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/help-pcv-valve-10203/)

Redestwing 08-01-2008 10:06 AM

Help with PCV Valve!

Just need some help with how to get my PCV valve out. I thought maybe I am just an idiot (maybe I am lol) for not knowing how, but now everyone who looks at it doesnt know either. There is some brace/bracket that keeps it held in place and I dont want to just rip it out and mess anything up. I got 2005 Monte LS. I have searched for this everywhere but not a person speaks about the brace part, they just talk how you simply take it out and change it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4415/A8E4E1FDC8FB46FB8949D87194258037.jpg[/IMG]

mrl390 08-02-2008 03:21 PM

RE: Help with PCV Valve!

The bracket probably just holds the rubber grommet in. Just pull up on the line/valve and it should slide out of the grommet.

Redestwing 08-02-2008 08:07 PM

Nope, have tried that. Its as if they made it to hold the pcv valve in place as if it pops out or something on its own.

Redestwing 08-02-2008 08:19 PM

ok, I just went out there and pried it off. So now the question is, is this bracket supposed to be left on at all times? Never got it off before but this time I was a bit ticked because I cant seem to get an answer from ANYONE I have asked lol so I just pretty much ripped it out from frustration.

RickCoMatic 08-02-2008 09:39 PM

I think all you probably need to do is flush the one you got with a couple of squirts of Carb Cleaner and put it right back in.
Wipe a little bit of grease on the outside diameter and you won't have as much trouble getting it out when it does need replacing!

mrl390 08-02-2008 09:40 PM

Well what came out when you pulled it out? Was it just a small canister looking piece with a hole in the bottom? Every other car I have worked on there is just a rubber grommet right in the valve cover and the PCV valve just slides into it.

Redestwing 08-02-2008 10:03 PM

This is what I had to remove before it would come out. Again, I have never seen anything like this before on the previous 2 montes I had but then again, I am not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to cars.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4415/31A1FD14F34044368FFA16D29E71E003.jpg[/IMG]

Silver Bullet 08-02-2008 10:48 PM

Those pins that hold the bracket in place look like they can be reused and are just tapped back into place holding the bracket in place, i would try to reinstall it rather than leave the piece off ... im not sure what it does but it must be there for some reason ....

Redestwing 08-04-2008 05:23 AM

Yea, I was just gonna put it back on but I find it strange that no one else has ever mentioned of this piece I had to remove. I'm almost positive that I am not the only person who own a Monte LS.