Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Help with my Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/help-my-exhaust-2587/)

anarchybykes 10-31-2006 12:26 PM

Help with my Exhaust

OK I have Flowmaster series 40 on my monte with the resinator deleted. and its been a pain in my side! it sounds bad to me, and very loud! I use to have a v6 camaro with the same flows and it sounded great with no cat! I guess I am just dissapointed and by reading everyones threads, I agree that there is way TOO MUCH DRONE! and you can feel it in the whole car!

I want a great sound when at WOT but not so loud my neighbors complain when I goto work at 6 am and I just start the car

my thoughts are that I get Dynomax Super Turbos 2.5" and a u-bend delete, I bought a race resinator but have not put it on yet. I will do so after my exhaust decision. I need some input please!!!

z34phoenix 10-31-2006 02:49 PM

RE: Help with my Exhaust

well first i would ask what year monte do you have. and what engine, and if you have a cold air intake aswell.

personally i think the flowmasters were your first mistake. they are quite restrictive for a performance muffler. im assuming you want dual tips. and like you said quite at speed but have a nice deep idle and a throty sound at WOT.

this is what i have currently and it did the trick nicely:
the entire system is 2.5" dia
-high flow cat
-magnaflow can muffler
-glasspack muffler
-Y-pipe into a pair of stainless tips.

i think this will give you the sound you want. im am very happy with it. but again i have a 3.4L DOHC engine and not many people have this.

04MonteLS 11-01-2006 12:59 AM

ORIGINAL: anarchybykes

OK I have Flowmaster series 40 on my monte with the resinator deleted. and its been a pain in my side! it sounds bad to me, and very loud! I use to have a v6 camaro with the same flows and it sounded great with no cat! I guess I am just dissapointed and by reading everyones threads, I agree that there is way TOO MUCH DRONE! and you can feel it in the whole car!

I want a great sound when at WOT but not so loud my neighbors complain when I goto work at 6 am and I just start the car

my thoughts are that I get Dynomax Super Turbos 2.5" and a u-bend delete, I bought a race resinator but have not put it on yet. I will do so after my exhaust decision. I need some input please!!!
I have dual super turbo's on my 04 LS and I love the sound, noticeable but not obnoxious. I kept the stock resinator though. I have the ubend still, for the time being, but that'll get taken care of probably this weekend;)

anarchybykes 11-02-2006 04:07 PM

I have a 2000 SS monte, with intake but not in the fender wall, I dont know how I forgot to add that!
I have been leaning towards dynomax but I dont know there sound on my car with/without resinator.
Keep in mind I dont want to sound like a import, in any way! I want the muscle sound that my car should have, thanks for your replies there helping
p.s I also have water on my passenger side floorboard! seems like its coming from the blower motor, not sure though

DESS03 11-02-2006 07:31 PM

probably the heater core is leaking ot eh ac box is not drining properly

04MonteLS 11-02-2006 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: anarchybykes

I have a 2000 SS monte, with intake but not in the fender wall, I dont know how I forgot to add that!
I have been leaning towards dynomax but I dont know there sound on my car with/without resinator.
Keep in mind I dont want to sound like a import, in any way! I want the muscle sound that my car should have, thanks for your replies there helping
p.s I also have water on my passenger side floorboard! seems like its coming from the blower motor, not sure though
There is nothing ricey about the super turbos, you'll definitely be pleased with the sound, unless it's that v8 rumble you're looking for, in which case you're gonna be disappointed by any muffler you get for it.

04 Intimidator 11-03-2006 08:27 AM

I have roughly the same setup 04MonteLS has. I run regular manifolds (through this winter, TOG's next year). A Random Tech 3" downpipe, High Flow Cat, U-Bend delete, Resonator still in, and Dynomax Super Turbos.

Quiet during the day, loud at 3 AM in a quiet neighborhood - about the sound of a truck. This seems to be a great setup for me. I would get something different than Random Tech if I was to do it again....Probably the ZZP with Cat delete.