Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   HELP, INSTALLING DIRECT FIT CAT-23433 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/help-installing-direct-fit-cat-23433-a-2876/)

rcohen 12-12-2006 04:40 PM

HELP, INSTALLING DIRECT FIT CAT-23433

Hey guys, ordered a direct fit cat for my 3400 monte. It looks like it will fit nicely, but is gonna be a muther****er to get the old one off. Any tips on how to rip the old one out? The simple unbolt, rebolt doesnt work due to all the rust.

wiz kidd 12-12-2006 04:48 PM

RE: HELP, INSTALLING DIRECT FIT CAT-23433

spray it with some kind of lubricant, let it sit for a while, try that, if it doesn't work then heat the bolts with a torch until they do come out :)

rcohen 12-12-2006 08:37 PM

thanks, will do. one of the bolts was stripped a tad, any hints on taking off a stripped bolt? Mind you, there is minimal room to work due to parts of the frame blocking most of the room needed for normal work. Thanks again!

z34phoenix 12-13-2006 12:29 AM

they have sockets made for removing stripped bolts. also switch between metric and SAE. and hammer the socket on if you have to! only use 6 point! the 12 will deff strip the bolts.

yep lastly use a torch or air chizel to cut the bolts out.

rcohen 12-13-2006 01:04 AM

thanks guys, nothing worse than having a beautiful car part sitting in your kitchen than having it in your kitchen and being unable to put it in! Ill try that 2morrow and let ya know how it goes

Ron A 03-15-2012 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by rcohen (Post 20013)
thanks guys, nothing worse than having a beautiful car part sitting in your kitchen than having it in your kitchen and being unable to put it in! Ill try that 2morrow and let ya know how it goes

Hope everything went smooth. workin under a car with a bunch of rusted bolts is no fun. I know this is an old post but thats probably good for my question. My question is hows the magnaflow 23433? is it holding up well? and any noticeable performance gains (u kno with the high flow cat and ubend delete?

red04montels 03-15-2012 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ron A (Post 436128)
Hope everything went smooth. workin under a car with a bunch of rusted bolts is no fun. I know this is an old post but thats probably good for my question. My question is hows the magnaflow 23433? is it holding up well? and any noticeable performance gains (u kno with the high flow cat and ubend delete?

This thread is nearly 5.5 years old :wtf:

You will notice a small gain in the butt dyno with both high flow cat and the ubend, but not much unless you do it with a downpipe or headers.