Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Header install (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/header-install-47925/)

blown05ss 03-19-2014 11:43 AM

Header install

hey guys, doing a speed daddy header install shortly on my 05 ss, on my last car when i did them i had header/fan fitment issues and used fans out of an intrigue "shortstar" will any other fans work ?

dbaldwin 03-19-2014 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by blown05ss (Post 604485)
hey guys, doing a speed daddy header install shortly on my 05 ss, on my last car when i did them i had header/fan fitment issues and used fans out of an intrigue "shortstar" will any other fans work ?

I think the bigger issue with headers on these cars is the fire wall fitment issues with the rear header. Iv never heard of them having fan fitment issues.

blown05ss 03-19-2014 12:23 PM

i never had a firewall issue with the last header install i did on a '05, i think the 5h gens have that problem

03SSChevyFun 03-21-2014 10:36 AM

I am planning on installing the ZZP stainless steel headers on my car this year. I am worried about fitment too since I have had fitment issues with their products in the past. Good products overall with a little occasional modification. I know it's not the same product, but I'm curious to see how they turn out

blown05ss 03-23-2014 03:21 PM

headers

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun (Post 604830)
I am planning on installing the ZZP stainless steel headers on my car this year. I am worried about fitment too since I have had fitment issues with their products in the past. Good products overall with a little occasional modification. I know it's not the same product, but I'm curious to see how they turn out

yeah man no fitment issues persay as far as firewall but the fans are very deep and last time i had a problem with the headers rubbing on them, intruige fans have the same harness just need to mock up some mounts to keep them from moving, i used the stock L brackets that hold the stock fans in, bent them so they were straight and those help them in perfectly fine when i did my last header install, dont forget your o2 extension either!

zjerry 03-23-2014 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by blown05ss (Post 604485)

I installed speed daddy headers on my 2005 Monte SS an I had no problem with the fans . But I did have to dent the firewall for the o2 sensor wire because I didn't like how tight it fit., I ran the headers for about two months then I removed them because of the drone noise on the highway..

NYGiantsfan 12-15-2014 10:32 AM

hey im trying to install these speed daddy headers on my 02 sc. what bolt/stud size shud i use

NYGiantsfan 01-20-2015 09:33 PM

anyone?

:eek:

i can really use some help if anyone happens to now what stud size they used or where you got em. i got a set from zzp and im not liking the size they sent.

i have about a half an inch of thread after i put it in the header, and this is without the gasket.
thanks

xxtheshockerxx 01-20-2015 10:49 PM

I would guess if ZZP sent those studs that is what you should use. They seem to know their stuff when it comes to the 3800

NYGiantsfan 08-19-2015 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey when u installed these, way did u do with the rubber hose after removing the egr. its the one pointing up from the front end of the engine bay
i have lost a lot of power in the car

Attachment 16400