Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Glass Pack? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/glass-pack-13096/)

jcoffeypot 04-15-2009 10:15 AM

Glass Pack?

I am new to the forums, and a newly deemed car addict...ha I just got back from the shop, getting a resonator delete. I added a cold air intake last night. I was hoping this resonator delete would add more sound than it did.:( The guy at the muffler shop suggested having glass packs put on. What do you all think about glass packs? If you hate them what are some other options?(preferably around the same price of the glass pack installation....$90)

Thanks!

Josh

Space 04-15-2009 10:21 AM

Hi `Josh, & Welcome to the MCF Auto Addiction Forum.:)
What year/model/engine Monte do you have ?
V8 or V6
I like Flowmaster muffler's.
Look 4ward to your future posts, and we would `all
love to see pic's of your Monte.
Good Luck

ChibiBlackSheep 04-15-2009 10:28 AM

We have billions of these talks about glass packs and exhaust set-ups. Look around a little more.

Cheap effective -> flowmaster 40s mufflers with nice tips.

jcoffeypot 04-15-2009 01:14 PM

It is a 04 monte carlo ss. It has a V6 3.8 in it. The only mods I have done are:
cold air intake
resonator delete

Which flowmaster 40 muffler should I look at?...(I want a lot louder sound, while keeping the low rummbly muscle car sound) delta flow? original? a link to the type would be helpful (I am very new to the automotive world...but I am loving every minute of it.)

I am waiting for a sunny day so i can take pics and upload. ha

One more quick qestion.... Would I need O/O or O/C? when dealing with the inlet and outlet

Space 04-15-2009 01:28 PM

`Josh,
Below is a link, and also check out our MCF Forum Thread on
Exhaust, and also do a MCF Search for subjects of

interest.
Check back often to your thread to see what other memeber's
have installed.
Good Luck...oh, Wait'in 2 C pic's of your 03 SS : )

Chevy Monte Carlo Exhaust - Bosal, Flowmaster, Flowtech, MBRP </B>...
Chevy Monte Carlo Exhaust - Top Sellers. Product Description. Zoom. Flowmaster Muffler - Super 44 - Aluminized Steel 1972-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo ...
www.car-stuff.com/mmparts/chevy-monte_carlo/muff... - 252k - Similar pages

jaws2008 04-15-2009 01:45 PM

its an offset center

bumpin96monte 04-15-2009 10:08 PM

Glasspacks are just cheap open design mufflers. If you're replacing a normal muffler with one- its going to be a loud louder, and IMO on a 3800 its gonna sound like poop.

jcoffeypot 04-16-2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte (Post 122740)
Glasspacks are just cheap open design mufflers. If you're replacing a normal muffler with one- its going to be a loud louder, and IMO on a 3800 its gonna sound like poop.

Thanks for the warning.

I think I have decided to put the extra money in and get flowmaster original 40s put in. thoughts?

RickAKATed10 04-16-2009 12:43 PM

What about just cutting the muffler(s) off and running a straight pipe to tip setup? I had this done on my 3.0L V6 Stratus R/T coupe and it was the best sounding exhaust possible for that car. A lot of people on 2gStratus.org have done this and love it.

I would think the extra 0.8L could help make it even more aggressive sounding. However, if you were going to go that route I would add the resonator back on.

ChibiBlackSheep 04-16-2009 12:44 PM

go on youtube and listen to some exhaust set-ups, then choose.