Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Fram Airhog Review (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/fram-airhog-review-611/)

FourX11gd 07-06-2005 11:15 PM

Fram Airhog Review

Initial Impressions

To me the Fram Airhog, increassed throttle response, provided a definate increase in HP. And taking a quick test drive at a little place I know that there isn't much traffic and rarely any police... my monte used to shift into overdrive at full throttle around 100mph, it now does it at 105mph with the Fram Airhog over the stock air filter. I will continue this review in a couple of months to get a good feel on any fuel economy increases.

montejass 07-09-2005 09:31 AM

RE: Fram Airhog Review

Cool, I have a K&N now, I'll have to get one of these for comparison to the K&N.

Thanks for the info.!!!!!

FourX11gd 07-09-2005 07:30 PM

No prob... this is the first car I've ever done any performance mods to sooo as you can probably tell, I've never used K & N so I can't run a comparison.

SoCalSS 07-10-2005 06:13 PM

Yeah, I have the K&N as well, I have the whole intake system the Aircharger. I really like it. It sounds really cool and deffinitely helps with performance, but you will never be able to get the full potential out of any air intake unless you get rid of that damn U-Bend. That thing is a huge huge huge power eater. Luckily mine disapeered with my headers, but it is bad juju.

FourX11gd 07-10-2005 09:19 PM

I have been doing some reading on this site, and the very next performance mod I plan to do is get rid of the U-Bend. My next question is.. what is the best way of doing that?

FourX11gd 10-01-2005 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: FourX11gd

Initial Impressions

To me the Fram Airhog, increassed throttle response, provided a definate increase in HP. And taking a quick test drive at a little place I know that there isn't much traffic and rarely any police... my monte used to shift into overdrive at full throttle around 100mph, it now does it at 105mph with the Fram Airhog over the stock air filter. I will continue this review in a couple of months to get a good feel on any fuel economy increases.

Update

After having the Fram Airhog installed for a few months, everything I said above still holds true... as far as fuel economy increases. I haven't noticed any.

So in review
Initial and noticable power increases.
No noticeable fuel economy increases.

Hope this review helps someone out.

sweetmonte01 01-13-2006 11:15 PM

I've been lookin up on the net for a cold air intake. so far the k&n bumps the hp up by 13.5 ruffly. I don't have a cold air intake yet but that is on my to do list. Isn't it funny how fast the to do list grows lol.:D

montejass 01-14-2006 02:39 PM

Have you thought of gutting your factory airbox?

I did mine and man what a difference. Well worth the time and effort.