Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Flowmaster exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/flowmaster-exhaust-10841/)

biggriggs 10-09-2008 03:21 AM

Flowmaster exhaust

I'm looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my 2001 Monte LS. It's currently the stock single muffler, but I want to upgrade to a dual muffler setup (I know that there are cutouts for the dual exhaust on the underbody already, so it's just a matter of getting the setup and welding it up.

How much should I be looking to spend at an exhaust shop for both mufflers, y-pipe, tips, and welding?

Thanks,

Riggs.

BLANK23 10-09-2008 10:20 AM

RE: Flowmaster exhaust

I'm no expert, but I had a custom cat back y-pipe (2.5 pipes) put on my Monte at Car-x and it ran me about $400. They'll order everything for you and mount it in about an hour. Whether you get performance mufflers or not that is up to you ( not sure how much they would charge you....). I just put on my own mufflers afterward because i had them already and it was cheaper for me. That is not including any tips, but you can order pretty much any kind of tips at auto zone or O'Reillys for about $7 each, the only difference is that they are screwed on instead of welded. Car-x was prepared to charge me $50 for each tip for them to weld them on. Hope that gets you in the ballpark of what you'll be payin'.

biggriggs 10-09-2008 11:34 AM

Hey, thanks. Stopped by a local meineke and got a quote. They said to do everything after the cat (not including u-bend), it would be 550. This includes the y-pipe, drivers side hanger since it's currently single exhaust, two flowmaster mufflers, and tips and labor of course.

BLANK23 10-09-2008 01:11 PM

Nice, have fun with it

06MCLTZ 10-10-2008 01:35 PM

Piece it out if you don't want to spend that much up from. Flowmaster 40's are about 80 a piece, tips another 30-40 a piece. So if you buy the mufflers and tips then wait a little bit should only be around 330 for them to install everything including pipe and labor. That's what I plan on doing. Cause last time I got a custom back built, it was on my 97 Sierra, 2.5"true duals, with stainlesssteel piping,madral bends,2 FlowmasterSuper 40's, and tipsit was about $650 but worth every penny butputting out that much cash at once, sucked.

gpd® 10-10-2008 06:14 PM

Flowmasters are Vroooooom Niiiiiice.

biggriggs 10-10-2008 08:15 PM

Dishing out $550 is gonna pinch a bit but not too bad. I've been working 60hrs a week for the past month, and that extra 40hrs of time and half overtime bumps my paycheck up nicely. Burning a hole in my pocket. I'm due up for inspection/emissions at the end of october, and I think I'm gonna take it to that Meineke for the inspection and have the flowmasters put on then. It'll be about $650 altogether for everything then (insp/emiss/exhaust work), but I still can't wait.

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

-Riggs

04 Intimidator 10-10-2008 08:21 PM

www.3800performance.com and check exhaust.

I got my Dynomax from there and it is great.

Add a complete downpipe for better performance.