Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   7th Gen ('06-'07): exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/exhaust-59503/)

hope4anarchy99 03-21-2018 01:23 PM

exhaust

need new exhaust for my 06 ss thinking between magnaflow or flowmasters.. seems no matter which youtube I go to they all have good and bad versions lol.... and biggest question is anyone have a link to where I can get a full exhaust system... my mufflers are pretty beat up up top where I guess even washing under neath as much as I do u still cant always reach places... and plus I got it used but have had it 6 years and could count on one hand the days she seen snow... so the salt/rust hole that is there wasn't due to me... but I'm glad I have a issue cause it shows that specially with mufflers as flat as they are are indeed a good place for salt to just sit on for years slowly eating eating away til u have a baseball size hole on top.....she sounds good thou lol but I want my extra 1-2 miles a gallon I'm loosing back lol... lucky to see 280ish when I fill up when ive seen my leased 07 ss filled up would be solid 315 or more...so if anyone with 06-07 ss's have opions on new exhaust system and a link, would be great thanks

ZIPPY02 03-21-2018 05:28 PM

Well if you don't need brand name do like I did. Went to a recommended muffler shop an they built one for my car. Just regular steel pipe and then finished with Magnaflows. To get a richer sound and performance we used larger than factory 2.25" pipes. If you are 2.25 then go to 2.5" pipes etc. You should typically only go up the next size, not sizes unless you are boosted. The shop owner told me the only way to really get a different tone is to do different size pipes. Mufflers are what they are, but by also changing the pipes size you will get an all together different tone too. So now you have changed 2 things, muffs and pipe size, both will help each others final sound.

chifan 03-22-2018 11:49 AM

I have only changed the mufflers on my '07. I put on the Flowmaster 40s two years ago. They have a great sound, but I'd like a little more. Being a daily driver, however, I'll probably just keep it like it is...

hope4anarchy99 03-22-2018 08:13 PM

thanks for the insights

bumpin96monte 03-22-2018 08:22 PM

On the shop that did my monte, they slipped on a few different mufflers while it was up in the air so I could hear them in person. Maybe a local shop would do the same for you? Doesn't really cost then anything other than a few minutes of time.

hope4anarchy99 03-22-2018 09:23 PM

oh neat, I wouldn't had thought a place would do that

MnteCrloSS47 03-23-2018 10:33 PM

Get SLP's and don't look back!

hope4anarchy99 03-24-2018 05:15 PM

u have a link that I can look at that is for my year

ashleymc 09-09-2019 02:19 AM

Looking for a 2007 SS exhaust cutout..wondering what size and good brand?