Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Does anybody know.... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/does-anybody-know-35408/)

Mr.Monte 04-03-2012 01:01 PM

Does anybody know....

What type of exhaust system is on a stock 2012 mustang v6? (oem? i know camaros have true duel and thats kinda eh).. anyways i wanna know because it sounds really good for a v6.. i wish there was some way i could bring that over to the monte. did they use an aftermarket company to make it? or maybe if i just got a pair of the mufflers it might make all the difference. after all theyre both v6's!

2012 mustang v6 stock exhaust - YouTube

any suggestions? any better ideas? any inputs?

03JGMonte 04-03-2012 01:11 PM

My Ford Edge sounds the same :D

Leprechaun93 04-03-2012 01:13 PM

Not bad sounding for stock, has a nice exotic sound. I wouldn't mind having a V6 mustang...

ChibiBlackSheep 04-03-2012 01:33 PM

Twin Cams usually sound pretty decent.

You won't get that sound from our cars because of how basic OHV sounds as a 6 cylinder.

Mr.Monte 04-03-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 443259)
My Ford Edge sounds the same :D

ouch, lmao.!

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 443260)
Not bad sounding for stock, has a nice exotic sound. I wouldn't mind having a V6 mustang...

yeah its not bad!

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 443268)
Twin Cams usually sound pretty decent.

You won't get that sound from our cars because of how basic OHV sounds as a 6 cylinder.

ah.. :(
im still on the fence of what to do with mine. i was going to just do some Magnaflow mufflers for around 419 (mufflers and installation) or do some flowmaster 40s for 484 (mufflers and installation). i just want more of a muscley sound without a check engine light!

what would you suggest?

03JGMonte 04-03-2012 03:13 PM

Borla is the way to go i think & lol the Edge has the same 3.7 & its a sweet motor

red04montels 04-03-2012 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte (Post 443311)
ah.. :(
im still on the fence of what to do with mine. i was going to just do some Magnaflow mufflers for around 419 (mufflers and installation) or do some flowmaster 40s for 484 (mufflers and installation). i just want more of a muscley sound without a check engine light!

what would you suggest?

I would do the magnaflows, those are what are in the GMPP kit and they sound good, you could always get a 3400, those sound great ;)

ChibiBlackSheep 04-03-2012 03:24 PM

Magnaflow do sound good, just make sure you keep a resonator to keep some rasp down from the cabin.

Also you won't get a check-engine from a cat-back.

red04montels 04-03-2012 03:27 PM

Agreed with mike, if you're swapping out the mufflers there's no way of getting a CEL.

Also, I would NOT do Flowmaster, they sound horrible on the 3800 and have way too much rasp and crackle and backfire and just sound bad.

Mr.Monte 04-03-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 443318)
Magnaflow do sound good, just make sure you keep a resonator to keep some rasp down from the cabin.

Also you won't get a check-engine from a cat-back.

i was planning on keeping the res so thats good. and thats also good to know. thanks for the info! does GMPP stand of "General Motors Performance Package/Parts" or something? jw.

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 443320)
Agreed with mike, if you're swapping out the mufflers there's no way of getting a CEL.

Also, I would NOT do Flowmaster, they sound horrible on the 3800 and have way too much rasp and crackle and backfire and just sound bad.

thanks ! thats good to know! and yeah ive heard that flowmasters isnt as good as magnaflow. the question is now, what TYPE of magnaflow?! theres a few! im not sure which is which!