Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Cai (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/cai-48329/)

Charleslatrelle 04-14-2014 05:20 PM

Cai

What is the best cold air intake I can put on my 03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8 I read some old post saying go with wizaired but cannot find that kit anywhere. Some people say do not go with k&n because it is a hot air intake. Can someone shed some light on this for me

MnteCrloSS47 04-14-2014 05:27 PM

Cold air inductions CAI, best on the market

Leprechaun93 04-14-2014 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47 (Post 608797)

:iagree:

Also, ZZP makes their own intake Wizaired i believe its called, alot of people also like it.

AwesomeSS 04-14-2014 07:41 PM

ZZPerformance sells the Wizaired CAI

03SSLE 04-14-2014 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47 (Post 608797)

Agreed :thumbsup:

Attachment 27600

Dubstepticon 04-14-2014 09:28 PM

Cold Air Inductions, CAI. That's what I plan on getting!

monte carlo 3831 04-14-2014 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon (Post 608820)
Cold Air Inductions, CAI. That's what I plan on getting!

best one there is to get.........:thumbsup:

butch049 04-15-2014 06:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Charles heres mine from Cold Air Inductions really think the best choice.

ChibiBlackSheep 04-15-2014 07:28 AM

CAI Inc, Wizaired, and ZZPs version are probably the 3 best "kits" you can buy today.

The_Maniac 04-15-2014 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 608847)
CAI Inc, Wizaired, and ZZPs version are probably the 3 best "kits" you can buy today.

I would be inclined to agree with that statement. I don't think you are going to ever find any apples to apples comparisons one a dyno of these (as each set of dyno numbers are different cars, different shops that did it).

My opinion, ask some owners, look at pics of how it goes together, decide what you think looks like the most free flowing setup.

I own a Wizaird. I will admit, I am a little disappointed in the overall finish of the product. The lid is held with "bungee" cords and no matter what I did, I could not position the cone filter from hitting the plexi-lid (which now has a small crack). ZZP replaced the plexi at no charge and the prevent this moving forward, I made shims to raise the lid.

But, I do like that it's insulated, it is nicely/precision formed metal, the lid allows view of the filter and it did have a method to properly hold down the PCM (as a result, I gave my PCM a brushed aluminum look and some high temp clear as you can see it now when the hood is popped) and they gave a new air duct to go with the kit. They also have you relocate the air temp sensor to the intake box.

If I had this to do over again, I would probably look some more at Cold Air Inductions, I'd want answers to:
- How do they handle securing the PCM?
- How do they hadle securing the lid?
- Is the box insulated (and I think it is)?
- What is the overall cost difference with the Wizaird w/Filter vs the Cold Air Inductions w/ Filter (and anything extra I would need).

Don't misunderstand my statements. I am happy with the Wizaird, but I expected a little more in the final product (and even if I took a deeper look at Cold Air Inductions, I may have still ended up with the Wizaird, I don't know because I own a Wizaird and right now have no plans of swapping).