General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: What should I do?
Keep the bumper, use $$ for other things
73.33%
Get new bumper
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Wreck Aftermath + TLC

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I smell mod money!!!...You will eventually stop seeing it once you re-focus on some sight'n sound mods...... Good luck,

Old 08-07-2012, 09:01 PM

what i will do imo is keep it as it is and do the things that it needs to be done like whats needed like break up grade old breaks kinda worn. to servicing things that might need a little more attention do it before whats recomended to keep a peace of mind. or get new rubber for the wheels. when you have every thing needed to keep the peace of mind then tuch up the bumper.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Taz is right, you'll see if every time, just like i see my dented fender/bumper. But i still say use it for something else, theres hardly anything wrong

Old 08-08-2012, 11:16 AM

First off, what should I go with on the color for my CAI, powder coated black, or brushed aluminum?

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
I smell mod money!!!...You will eventually stop seeing it once you re-focus on some sight'n sound mods...... Good luck,
Yeah that's what I was thinking, lol.

Originally Posted by monte07
what i will do imo is keep it as it is and do the things that it needs to be done like whats needed like break up grade old breaks kinda worn. to servicing things that might need a little more attention do it before whats recomended to keep a peace of mind. or get new rubber for the wheels. when you have every thing needed to keep the peace of mind then tuch up the bumper.
I really don't need anything like that, my wheels literally have brand new tires on them thanks to 04JR

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Taz is right, you'll see if every time, just like i see my dented fender/bumper. But i still say use it for something else, theres hardly anything wrong
Yeah, my car already has problems cosmetically because of friends.. someone put 3 barely noticeable scufs on my hood, I got green scuffs on the front left side of my bumper from an unkown car -_- I did my best to get that off with polishing compound, I already had a crack on the right rear of my back bumper, a small spiderweb crack near my front right headlight from a love tap. lol. Scuffs near the drivers door from the previous owner, looks like maybe from books or something, he's in college. Rust, you guys already know about that. Chips in the hood not a lot, but they are there. Dings from the previous owner too. It sounds like a lt but most of it I never even notice other than the rust

Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would get a new bumper, because I got a check for a new bumper.

Also with the CAI, the PCM is in the stock airbox, but the CAI will have a tray to bolt it to.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I would get a new bumper, because I got a check for a new bumper.

Also with the CAI, the PCM is in the stock airbox, but the CAI will have a tray to bolt it to.
So you are getting a new bumper too :O

And okay that helps.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:04 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
So you are getting a new bumper too :O
No I didn't, I was just saying what I would do in your shoes.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
No I didn't, I was just saying what I would do in your shoes.
It would be better if I could find the a price for a new bumper more in the $500 range, so then I can get that CAI.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Do you guys think it'd look dumb if I found a white HS rear bumper for $300 then had it painted all black and put on?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:09 PM

15 Year Member

You would need exhaust tips too so the HS kit isn't in front of your exhaust pipe.

Quick Reply: Wreck Aftermath + TLC