Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): A Unique monte? Red SS limited edition. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/unique-monte-red-ss-limited-edition-44817/)

dbaldwin 09-06-2013 05:34 PM

A Unique monte? Red SS limited edition.

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, so after looking at every red monte I could find on here and the web, especially the high sport edition, I have a question... why is mine the only one with brown leather?Attachment 30196
Its a special edition high sport
Attachment 30197
and also has blue and silver paint decals on the front side and back.
Attachment 30198
am I just missing the others like it? or was it maybe custom ordered from the factory? did they do that with these Monte's?
thanks!

The_Maniac 09-06-2013 08:28 PM

The decals were definitely custom, not a factory item. As for the interior, I imagine the previous owner ordered that. I think the SS was common with the black option, but not the ONLY option.

dbaldwin 09-06-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 569044)
The decals were definitely custom, not a factory item. As for the interior, I imagine the previous owner ordered that. I think the SS was common with the black option, but not the ONLY option.

On KBB and every other place iv seen the options were the two neutral colors with the carpet or the black leather. It seems to be rarer but i might have preferred the black interior.

ZIPPY02 09-07-2013 02:32 AM

My Limited Edition 2002 SS came with the tan interior leather seats and carpet. It's just the least optioned color, there by making your tan leather seats more rare than the common black. I ended up installing Sparco seats and a member on here bought my Tan leather seats from me, they are that hard to find.

The_Maniac 09-07-2013 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin (Post 569063)
On KBB and every other place iv seen the options were the two neutral colors with the carpet or the black leather. It seems to be rarer but i might have preferred the black interior.

Your interior actually is "Neutral". There is another interior known as "Tan", "Ebony" and "Pewter". Not sure if all those were available to the SS trim level.

I have ebony interior in my SS with cloth seats. As I have been finding, cloth is a somewhat rare option.

AwesomeSS 09-07-2013 11:50 AM

I special ordered my car with cloth interior so mine is probably the rarest Monte with the high sports appearance package.

Montelicious 09-07-2013 12:27 PM

My 2004 Supercharged SS has the same leather interior and yes it is hard to find. Our interior color is called "Lt Neutral" and the darker tan parts are called something else, cant remember at the moment. You can look up your paint codes.