Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Stop all that flapping! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/stop-all-flapping-10618/)

Snyderman 09-15-2008 10:40 PM

Stop all that flapping!

I prefer to roll with my big Monte windows down, to let everybody hate on me and the butter-soft leather.

Problem is, at about 40mph, any seatbelts not buckled start to flap against the pillar. It drives me bonkers. Have any of you experienced/solved this problem?

BONUS QUESTION:
What is your preference? Climate controlled, or wind in your hair?

aroman 09-15-2008 10:45 PM

RE: Stop all that flapping!

yes :(

I dunno what to do !

Space 09-16-2008 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Snyderman

Problem is, at about 40mph, any seatbelts not buckled start to flap against the pillar. It drives me bonkers. Have any of you experienced/solved this problem?

[&:]..Tuck & Wedge them or use a Heavy Clamp : )
Live Dangerously, and cut them `out : )
Don`t go over 40 MPH :D
Get Plastic Retainer Clips that slide & `adjust

BONUS QUESTION:
What is your preference? Climate controlled, or wind in your hair?
[&:]Both

:eek:
Good Luck from `Space

steelmalu43 09-16-2008 08:25 AM

Have the same thing happening to me in my 06 LT. It's annoying but i can live with it. One problem i noticed was, let me try to explain, OK where the seatbelt retracts into the pillar i noticed that the hard plastic was actually tearing at the seatbelt, so i installed some rubber tubing around the opening to protect the seatbelt, so far so good.

bwill314 09-16-2008 01:28 PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one. My solution is to have the windows almost half-way up, this solves the problem, but I like to ride with my windows all the way down. I don't know how to stop the flapping other than to have a passenger with the seatbelt on them. When someone figures out how to fix this problem please let us know.

Bonus Question: I like the windows down and the roof open when the temp outside is between68 - 88 degrees. Anything hotter than 88 or colder than 68 means I'm letting the windows up to use climate control.

Cowboy6622 09-16-2008 02:51 PM

i don't know, i guess you could take something like a straw, fold it up and tuck it in somehwere?

i prefer my a/c :)

vincentvega 09-16-2008 04:30 PM

That drives me knuts in my 06LT too!! I do prefer to have the windows down though - there won't be much time to do that soon, as fall is now upon us! It was 6 degrees C this morning here(about 43F). I can't wait for Indian Summer!!

jay26 09-16-2008 04:39 PM

mine does that to,i figured i just take it off throw a little hot glue in the back where it clips in.

Taz 09-16-2008 05:52 PM

My 04 does that too. I just turned my stereo up. Flapping sound? What flapping sound? :D

steelmalu43 09-16-2008 07:48 PM

lol what flapping sound lol hahahah