General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): SSV Sam's Monte recent mods PIC's

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sam, great looking build. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, seeing that you're located in Michigan, we've been holding some Monte Meets in Michigan within the last year. We have a few coming up in May and you are welcome to come. We'd be glad to have you and your Monte there.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/me...-2013-a-40788/

There's also a group of us doing Lane Auto's car show the following weekend, May 25th.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

06MistreSS: I am honored that you asked. May maybe cutting it close. My intent is to bring the car home in April but you know as well as I do April could be May, I just don't know. This project is its 4th year and I am so close to the end and so excited you can't imagine. We have overcome all but one obstacle and my Tech was working on that when I left. There is some paint work left on the hood of course, the car needs to be detailed - it hasn't had a good cleaning in the four years its been out there, just some quick washes and that's all. We have yet to design a fuel cooler and that will take a little time. Not quiet sure how we are going to go about that. In theory it is supposed to be like the freon supported cooler like Mercedes uses on their high end cars. DEI has a similar unit but it can't flow the fuel rate needed to support my motor with the 85# injectors. I have new springs on the way for the front end, the ones in it are binding under hard compression so I had to go to a spring with a higher rating and those should be installed in the next week or so. But besides all that I am assuming your meets are in A2 which is exactly one hour from me. My son lives in Ann Arbor now and he has an '02 Monte which was mine originally and the trip to A2 would be an easy one for me. I would like to stay in contact because getting together with you and others from this forum would really be nice something that I would really look forward too. In the meantime - please keep me posted on some exact locations, dates and times. Thanks again for the invite. Sam.

Last edited by Monte SSV; 01-26-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: forgot some words
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 AM
10 Year Member

Sounds good Sam, I'll keep you posted.

Our Meet on the 18th is actually in Charlotte, Michigan at Bennett Park; about another hour past Ann Arbor. That one is our own Meet. The gathering on the 25th is incorporated into Lane Auto's car show in Watervliet, Michigan; another two hours past Ann Arbor. I understand if there's unexpected delays because that's always a possibility with projects. We will most likely hold a fall Meet as well, later in the year, so if May doesn't work there's always that.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 PM
15 Year Member

That would be great. As I get closer to completion I will be in touch. I really appreciate the invitation. Talk soon.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM

Why do all these events go on in areas all around me that are too far for me to travel too

Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 641montecarloSS
Why do all these events go on in areas all around me that are too far for me to travel too
X2
i'm in the same boat

Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteCarlSS
X2
i'm in the same boat
X3 I would have to do about 2500 miles round trip to go to a function.

But I'm not beyond trying this spring if things go right.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 PM
15 Year Member
Default Additional update

Paint work is done on the hood. The extractor vent and NACA vent are the same color as the hood to blend - only kept the GTP vents black as well as the latches. I haven't even seen it yet - but my tech says it looks great. In the last few weeks I contracted OMF Perf. to make a set of beadlocks for the front and they are done and mounted - have to rebalance 'cause some of the hold down bolts were too long and had to be trimmed. I am sure they will be on the car in the next couple days. We are currently measuring up to install a freon based fuel cooler which should go in a couple weeks and lastly my tech has to find a dirty circuit in the BCM and we are done - I am going to bring her home. Tentative schedule mid-April to do the final paperwork.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Super jealous of that undercarriage! I wish my monte was that clean!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member

Sam, good to hear! Hope to see you at the Michigan Meet May 18. Like I said earlier, I'll keep you posted as that gets closer.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): SSV Sam's Monte recent mods PIC's