General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

speedometer

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 04:55 AM
Default speedometer

anyone tried this, put on your trip milage, set to 0 take it on the interstate, and check it with the mile marker, my always turns before i get to the next mile marker which makes me think i'm adding more miles then i am driving, or expiring my warrenty early.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:59 AM
Default RE: speedometer

ORIGINAL: warpath

anyone tried this, put on your trip milage, set to 0 take it on the interstate, and check it with the mile marker, my always turns before i get to the next mile marker which makes me think i'm adding more miles then i am driving, or expiring my warrenty early.
who's to say that the mile markers are precisely laid out?

Old 06-29-2005, 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

in that case they wouldn't call them mile markers. anyway i have a 04 taraus did the same thing
in the same location, and it hit mile to mile

Old 06-29-2005, 12:28 PM

in that case they wouldn't call them mile markers. anyway i have a 04 taraus did the same thing
LMAO

#1, sorry about you owning a Taurus

#2, I would love to see the look on the judges face if you were to bring this to court and your "proof" is that your odometer doesn't correspond to the mile markers on the freeway[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 06-29-2005, 01:30 PM

LMAO

#1, sorry about you owning a Taurus

#2, I would love to see the look on the judges face if you were to bring this to court and your "proof" is that your odometer doesn't correspond to the mile markers on the freeway[sm=badidea.gif]

#1 don't be sorry about my 04 ford , i bought and returned 10 g.m.'s in 04
is why i have an ford, and i also have the 05 mc
# 2 i was asking a question,that had nothing to do with judges and courts , let me explain
it just to you ,this happens at any speed, and if this is true then you are going to show more
miles on a car then it really has. ok.............. God

Old 06-29-2005, 01:49 PM

# 2 i was asking a question,that had nothing to do with judges and courts , let me explain
it just to you ,this happens at any speed, and if this is true then you are going to show more

Having owned a current gen Taurus, I know how much they suck. Again, my condolences.

The point to what I said is that assuming the mile markers are dead on is not wise. And to base such an opinion on such a questionable foundation is ridiculous. I'm not naieve and think this can't be the case, cause it very well can be, but I think you need to come to this conclusion in a manner that is more concise and accurate. Carry on with your cute insults of my intelligence.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:14 PM

Having owned a current gen Taurus, I know how much they suck. Again, my condolences.

The point to what I said is that assuming the mile markers are dead on is not wise. And to base such an opinion on such a questionable foundation is ridiculous. I'm not naieve and think this can't be the case, cause it very well can be, but I think you need to come to this conclusion in a manner that is more concise and accurate. Carry on with your cute insults of my intelligence.
what???? i have yet to see intelligence from you how can i insult it,.go back and read the original question, evidently you haven't tried this.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:33 PM

I would whip out the ole tape measure. Now you have my curiosity up. It is and could be highly possible for one or the other to be off.

TVW

Old 06-29-2005, 02:33 PM

what???? i have yet to see intelligence from you how can i insult it,.go back and read the original question, evidently you haven't tried this.
Why do I need to read the original question when my response to you was based on your statement "my always turns before i get to the next mile marker which makes me think i'm adding more miles then i am driving"?

Intelligent=find a more concise and accurate way to come to this conclusion

Unintelligent=my odometer turns before the mile markers on the freeway, i think my odometer is off because of this.

What category do you fall under?

Old 06-29-2005, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I would whip out the ole tape measure. Now you have my curiosity up. It is and could be highly possible for one or the other to be off.

TVW
LMAO, that's alot of measuring!

The odometer could very well be off, but before attempting to do anything about it I think it would be wise to be armed with something more than "it turns before the mile markers on the freeway" And if you don't plan on doing anything about it then what's the point? This is directed to warpath

Quick Reply: speedometer