Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Retiring Monte Carlo :( (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/retiring-monte-carlo-38367/)

DRuben 08-17-2012 03:57 PM

Retiring Monte Carlo :(

Its sad to say that I am retiring my Monte Carlo :(. But I will keep it and turn it into a project. Im not sure what all I want to do with it, money shouldnt be a problem bc it will probably be like a 3 year project. I was also thinking about sealing in the doors and have the window entry like the nascars since my lambo doors are screwed up big time lol. Drove it today and it literally felt like it was gonna fall apart. Motor mounts busted, headlight problems, doors wont seal, leather starting to rip, radiator hose dry rotting and now leaking, leaking oil, both axle boots busted, right wheel bearing bad, left speed sensor ripped, passenger side window wont work, passenger side radiator fan not working, exhaust leak, starts and stalls sometimes, ignition switch bad, and 3rd & 4th gear bog. Seemed like everytime I fixed something, something else breaks. Im ready to just start fresh... Any ideas guys?

The_Maniac 08-17-2012 04:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your luck. That's quite the laundry list of issues!

DE02Carlo 08-17-2012 05:05 PM

Well it will be something to tinker with in your spare time...

DRuben 08-17-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 487767)
Sorry to hear about your luck. That's quite the laundry list of issues!

You are right! I have to give a hands up to chevy on the engine though :congrats:. I literally beat this car and have not had a single problem with the engine yet! I burned rubber all the time and drove at speeds up to 125 daily! I just drove it around the block and it just doesnt seem the same. She barely started and felt like it ran like crap. But im determined to fix it up.

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo (Post 487775)
Well it will be something to tinker with in your spare time...

Right. Idk what to do though. I really want to do a rwd swap but I know im not that mechanically inclined to do it (framework type stuff).

03SSLE 08-17-2012 07:35 PM

Semi-retirement is cool, but don't retire it. :eek: When you look at all the problems you're having as a whole I can understand how the situation could appear overwhelming...that's quite the list. Just break it down into doable segments. Take one project on at a time. That way you get to enjoy the taste of victory winning the individual battles in addition to winning the war once they've all been defeated. ;)

DRuben 08-17-2012 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 487800)
Semi-retirement is cool, but don't retire it. :eek: When you look at all the problems you're having as a whole I can understand how the situation could appear overwhelming...that's quite the list. Just break it down into doable segments. Take one project on at a time. That way you get to enjoy the taste of victory winning the individual battles in addition to winning the war once they've all been defeated. ;)

Im stuck in between returning it to stock with new parts or completely modding it out...

ChibiBlackSheep 08-18-2012 07:01 AM

What is your other ride, and what do you want?

If you prefer speed and rwd, ditch it and get a older muscle car as a toy. Work on that.

If you love the Monte, retire it and start to take it apart. Slowly fix up and upgrade the suspension and body, then remove engine and trans and rebuild / turbo

DRuben 08-18-2012 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 487864)
What is your other ride, and what do you want?

If you prefer speed and rwd, ditch it and get a older muscle car as a toy. Work on that.

If you love the Monte, retire it and start to take it apart. Slowly fix up and upgrade the suspension and body, then remove engine and trans and rebuild / turbo

My other ride is a '11 silverado. I definately love my Monte too much to sell it, I thought about selling it when it started to fall apart but I just cant see myself doing it :p. I think I might go the turbo route, which setup were you looking at for your car?

ChibiBlackSheep 08-18-2012 12:54 PM

I recently picked up a stattama csc kit for my build next year

I was looking into the zzp z3 turbo before that though

werewolf-odst 08-18-2012 05:09 PM

Man that sucks, i am in the same boat, i agree that the engines are extremly reliable, i am gonna fix mine up and give it to my kids, the thing just wont die! lol, knock on wood. I agree with tackleing the problems one at a time, that is what i plan to do, i am gonna make it a racecar that is street.