General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Monte is totalled.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Default My Monte is totalled.

April 10th, 6:25p.m., I was waiting at an intersection, the light turned green and gave me the arrow. I pulled out into the intersection turning left when a 2007 Pontiac G5 smashed right into the front left fender of my car, traveling at 50mph.

I have no pictures of the car, I don't think I want to take any. It's totaled, going to the graveyard they said. Myself and my passengers as well as the driver of the Pontiac escaped unscathed, but both cars are totaled. I cried at the scene, I couldn't believe this had happened to me. I just had a $200 tint job completed on the car that very morning, and had done several cosmetic appearance upgrades over the last week.

I've spent the whole night looking for another Monte Carlo, preferably a 2004-2005 Supercharged SS, but they are so rare, and none are in the Florida vicinity. I broadened my search and found a 2002 Camaro Z28 with 17,000 miles for $12,000 from a private owner. If all goes as I hope, I should be able to buy the Camaro, I'll see how bank loans work with private sellers.

It was a 2003 N/A SS high-sport, 66,000 miles, good, not quite excellent, condition. The insurance company will call me Monday to talk me through everything I need. What do you think I should get out of my car? I had full coverage insurance, the other guy also had full coverage through USAA, the accident report indicates he is the driver at fault.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:27 AM

The important thing is that everyone came out ok. Sorry to hear about the car, though. USAA is a great Ins co. so you'll be good to go in no time.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

omg! i am sooo sorry! was the person not paying attention, texting or what! that totally sucks though for sure & i cant say sorry enough =( good luck on finding another monte. hopefully ur insurance company gives u a good deal & all. feel bad bcuz i shouldve warned you about pensacola drivers & how nuts they are =(

Old 04-11-2010, 02:44 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks bigtime, just be glad you werent in a hurry or it woulda been worse. IM sorry to see that happen to such a great person and monte. Hope it all works out.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:27 AM

Hi `Jeremy,
Just got `off my night `job & check'in the posts on
the MCF Read your post first
Glad 2 read that you were not injured, but I'm so sad
for you & your AweSome Monte Carlo

I hope you take time to search for a replacement, but
the Camaro sounds `sweet. Is $12K the price range
for a replacement ? There's some super prices on
06/07 Monte Carlo's SS's for decent prices out there.
Accidents happen, and we never know when ?
Sure hope that you keep your Monte Carlo Family updated
on how things work `out for you.
Please post pic's of what you get `ok...
We wish you the best 4-Sure.
Good Luck from your Monte Family.

Last edited by Space; 04-11-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

Im sorry to hear about your car, I would have cried too, you have a beautiful monte and for one person not to be paying attention at that particular point just ruins everything, Once again sorry for your loss its a sad day in the monte world

Old 04-11-2010, 10:45 AM

To clarify on the other driver, he was a student at the neighboring navy base, on his way home. He told me the sun was setting right behind the light, and he couldn't see it was red. He was right, the sun was right behind the light, making the color of the light difficult to see, but it's impossible to miss a car in the middle of the intersection, as mine was.

The thing that upsets me the most is he didn't turn left, turn right, or even stop. He went straight through, 50mph or more, it's as if he wasn't even watching the road. I can only hope the police or insurance agents also find this out, and check the black box for excessive speeding.

Myself and my passengers were not injured medically, we had bruises at worst, so I don't think we will be able to sue the driver at fault for any money. The Kelly blue book value for the '03 SS with all my options, in excellent condition is $9,950, I have many pictures to verify the car's condition prior to the crash, as well as receipts for brand new tires and a brand new tint job placed on the car within the last month. I still owe $6,594.28 on my Monte.I just keep looking at all the cars out there, something domestic, preferably GM. We'll see what happens. I mentioned I found a gently used '02 Camaro Z28, and a newly used '06 Monte Carlo SS, if either of those pull through, I may stay on this forum with a much newer Monte Carlo, or I may be joining the Camaro forum. Either way, neither of these magnificent V8 cars will fill the void that I still have from losing my 3800, my favorite engine.

Last edited by Frosty LS1; 04-11-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:56 AM

Hi `Jeremy,
I hope you can get the 06 SS 4-Real.
I'm just glad that you are able to get out and search for another ride,
instead of being locked up in a hospital with serious injuries
That's most important, but I read your pain and sadness in
your words for losing a super Monte Carlo like yours.
Especailly when you put your time/$'s/love in2 it.

Please keep us updated, and no matter what you get, we
hope you return to your Monte Family & keep us
updated.
Wish you Good Luck in Life and finding a ride that will
make you `happy.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:07 AM

hay quartermain regal auto motive has acouple in there used car lot with low miles like 20-30k on them but they are not the ss models but they do have the 3800 in them. just wanted to let you know but sorry to here what happened. regal is in polk county in lakeland. i forgot the price that they are askin for on the 6th gen monte's but they are really clean and one is dark blue and the other is like a pearl type of color

Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 AM

Dang, sure sucks to wreck a good car. Its cool you walked away. Good luck on finding a new ride.