General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I can tell 2015 is my last year with my Monte...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I can tell 2015 is my last year with my Monte...

My Monte is been suffering too many problems lately and I know it's time to let it go, the dash is no longer working, the power seats aren't working, the heat comes and goes (the system had to be bleed very often) the space the Monte offers isn't Adequate enough anymore. The heat/fan switch world on halfs only, it rattles at 100+ mph, pass and driver door won't open if I kick fenders for snow removal, pass window switch doesn't work. Seat recliner has failed on both sides. Exhaust is now annoying, it's damaged outside, heater heat comes and goes, it drives like crap in winter and radio only works in Channel 4 + 5+ 6 only.

I know it's replacement is going to be a G37 or Q50 new.

I'll make sure Monte gets crushed infront of me so I know I was the one and only owner of it.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It will be said to see you go Habbibie. You are a Valued Member. Keep in mind that not having a Monte does not mean you will not be welcome. I'm sure we have other members who have moved on from their Montes to other vehicles and are still members. MCF is a family. And a family member is not disowned because they move to a different state!
What even you do though, I for one wish you and your family all the best!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2015, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
My Monte is been suffering too many problems lately and I know it's time to let it go, the dash is no longer working, the power seats aren't working, the heat comes and goes (the system had to be bleed very often) the space the Monte offers isn't Adequate enough anymore. The heat/fan switch world on halfs only, it rattles at 100+ mph, pass and driver door won't open if I kick fenders for snow removal, pass window switch doesn't work. Seat recliner has failed on both sides. Exhaust is now annoying, it's damaged outside, heater heat comes and goes, it drives like crap in winter and radio only works in Channel 4 + 5+ 6 only.

I know it's replacement is going to be a G37 or Q50 new.

I'll make sure Monte gets crushed infront of me so I know I was the one and only owner of it.

Sorry 2 read 4>Sure! You must not have taken care of the problems when they occurred & they grew larger

To me it would be Sad to have it Crushed , because some of your Monte Carlo Family member's might 'be able to salvage some of the parts that are still good (?)

I think the Chevy Monte Carlo's are reliable 'if they are maintained & cared for & 'if they are not , the problems will increase. I hope you re-consider, but it is your car & your decision. Sounds like you did get some good miles from yours. Abuse & neglect of any vehicle will surely end it's long term value/performance and use.

I believe if you treat a car with love, that it will love you back.
Peace/Out

Old 02-27-2015, 04:33 PM

Yea the Monte never actually gave me a problem but it's aging and I'm starting to feel that in it. Gonna continue driving it for the remainder of the year however next year I'm positive i'll be on the market for a replacement. Not exactly sure yet what i'll do with the Monte id like to be the one and only owner of it but I might also donate it or give it to some one in need of a car... We'll have to wait and see when time comes.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Yea the Monte never actually gave me a problem but it's aging and I'm starting to feel that in it. Gonna continue driving it for the remainder of the year however next year I'm positive i'll be on the market for a replacement. Not exactly sure yet what i'll do with the Monte id like to be the one and only owner of it but I might also donate it or give it to some one in need of a car... We'll have to wait and see when time comes.

Hi Habbibie, that would be a great gesture 4-Sure. It would be 2 sad to crush it `if it still runs & could help someone in need. (There are so many in our World in need & a car could give them a needed start) "Good things do happen 2 good people" Thanks for posting that > it may encourage other's to think about others

Old 02-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

Maybe you will find another monte. When I blew the engine in my monte and I was looking online for cars the dealer that had the intimidator monte that I ended up getting had another car I was looking at before I noticed the monte. I orginally went into the dealer to try and get me a 2006 6speed GTO. But it sold as I pulled into the lot. then I saw the intimidator in person and knew it was a better deal since I was able to just replace my aftermarket parts on the broken monte for this one.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:18 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Habbibie- The idea of helping some else out with a vehicle when you decide to part with your Monte sounds like an awesome idea!!!

Old 02-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

how many miles are on it?

Old 02-28-2015, 03:12 PM

696-697k

Not exactly sure, cluster isn't working anymore and therefor not showing milage but a week ago it was 696,3XX

Old 02-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

waaaaaa? is that miles or km?

Quick Reply: I can tell 2015 is my last year with my Monte...