Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   New Rockies Review (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/new-rockies-review-57167/)

work 10-02-2016 09:35 PM

New Rockies Review

Since I've had my 2003, 3.8 V6, it has had the security no start issue. Over the past 4 years it's gotten worse. I've looked at purchasing the New Rockies Pro Module but at 299.99 plus about 20.00 for shipping, it's pricey for sure. I've always been able to "Leave Key On For 10min" and then it'll start. Well, 32 days ago, I finally broke down and purchased it because 2 times in a row early morning, leaving for work. My car wouldn't start, it's ALWAYS started after one 10min wait. But not this time. Almost made me late for work, had to ride my motorcyle that morning. Soooo, 32 days has past and after installing the New Rockies, my car has started EVERY TIME !!! And during those 32 days I have NOT rode my bike, car only. And it's been started a bunch in 32 days. I'll be DAMN, 4 freak'N years of aggravating no start, is finally fixed !!! 320.00 was worth it. P.S, they don't make a cheaper model anymore.

shawn parker 10-03-2016 07:04 PM

what is a " New Rockies Pro Module" ?
I am suddenly having some starting issues
thought vin key would fix it, but it did it again today, again after lunch, sitting just under a hour

shawn parker 10-03-2016 07:48 PM

Another question, was yours a no start no crank, issue ?
Mine cranks then stalls or just cranks and doesn't start.
When I have key in on position the dash shows security/battery flashing and also check engine light.
Do you have to wait until security stops flashing ?
I started it after around 10, should I have turned key to off and removed before starting?

shawn parker 10-03-2016 08:04 PM

the intermittent nature of my problem makes me wonder about this type issue

work 10-03-2016 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by shawn parker (Post 695968)
what is a " New Rockies Pro Module" ?
I am suddenly having some starting issues
thought vin key would fix it, but it did it again today, again after lunch, sitting just under a hour

Yes, it was the pro module. It's the only one they sell.

work 10-03-2016 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by shawn parker (Post 695971)
Another question, was yours a no start no crank, issue ?
Mine cranks then stalls or just cranks and doesn't start.
When I have key in on position the dash shows security/battery flashing and also check engine light.
Do you have to wait until security stops flashing ?
I started it after around 10, should I have turned key to off and removed before starting?

Mine was no start, no crank. I always waited at least 10min and after the security light stopped flashing. And then I would turn key to off and then start it up. Never removed my key.

shawn parker 10-03-2016 08:28 PM

mine usually is a hard start and stall with a gasp out of the intake

work 10-04-2016 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by shawn parker (Post 695976)
mine usually is a hard start and stall with a gasp out of the intake

Sounds like you might have a different issue. Might want to post your problem in the "repair" forum/help section.