Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   New Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/new-exhaust-41424/)

Leprechaun93 02-12-2013 09:59 PM

New Exhaust

Well, this morning i got some exhaust work done. Both mufflers are removed and the resonator has been replaced with a glasspack. Not sure on the exact length at the moment. This video was recorded with my cell phone, its alot louder in person. Better video with my camcorder to come tommorow:thumbsup:

monte carlo 3831 02-12-2013 10:08 PM

seems kinda loud? Will it pass you state inspection that way? Probably better to hear it in person??

Leprechaun93 02-12-2013 10:12 PM

Its actually louder in person:rotfl: the shop that did it(also does my inspections) said he doesn't think its too loud. If it does end up attracting cops or driving me insane i'll find some mufflers to put on to quiet it down.

Red Nightmare 02-12-2013 10:55 PM

Sounds a bit like my monte..just louder.

The tone I get on the highway is a bit annoying though, just wish I could make it a bit deeper.

ChibiBlackSheep 02-13-2013 07:39 AM

You might hate that when you are cruising at 45 for an extended period of time lol

Zen 02-13-2013 07:42 AM

Does sound bad at all.I would worry about passing NYSI with either you can't be failed for that unless you mod the cat.

STUMPMI 02-13-2013 07:52 AM

Keane:
Its definately pretty loud and sounds good in my opinion.:thumbsup:
I really couldnt tell how loud it was inside. Mines not loud inside at all.
I had it sound proofed when it was built. I may just go ahead and delete the
Resonator and see if that gives it a bit more Tone....Since I have Mufflers that are chambered. (Free flowing) Id like to hear it from the outside in a drive by... Maybe I will have to change mine up LOL...:)

Leprechaun93 02-13-2013 09:48 AM

45mph i had no problems, but anytime i'm at about 2k rpm its pretty obnoxious, other than that its really not bad. Making better videos today. Couple drive bys and what not.:thumbsup: Cat is intact, so i doubt i'll have inspection issues. But the 3100 is such a better sounding engine:rotfl:

ChibiBlackSheep 02-13-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 528010)
45mph i had no problems, but anytime i'm at about 2k rpm its pretty obnoxious, other than that its really not bad. Making better videos today. Couple drive bys and what not.:thumbsup: Cat is intact, so i doubt i'll have inspection issues. But the 3100 is such a better sounding engine:rotfl:

Maybe it's the gearing differences, but 45 in my car has a drone that I dislike. And when I'm on route 402 for 30 minutes going 45 it can get annoying.

Ricks 2006 SS 02-13-2013 09:55 AM

KEANE: As far as I can tell it sounds GREAT to me :thumbsup: But I'm one of those guys that has had loud cars , Trucks Harley's. Plus my Chevelle. It doesn't sound loud at all from the inside. I'd keep it if it was up to me :thumbsup: