Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Need some help.advice. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/need-some-help-advice-22559/)

red04montels 08-09-2010 09:59 AM

Need some help.advice.

Ever since my exhaust my montes been running great, but on friday i let my car sit running for about 5 minutes, got back in and whenever i accelerated it sounded like there was a small vacuum in it, it sounded like it was coming from the gauge cluster? the motor is bad in the cluster, so that sounds like a possible issue, but since then it hasnt gone away, are there any other things that could be happening?

RickAKATed10 08-09-2010 10:23 AM

Sounds weird/interesting. I'm no help, but I look forward to finding out what's up.

Cowboy6622 08-09-2010 10:42 AM

Is the sound consistant or does it change pitch and volume when accelerating?

red04montels 08-09-2010 08:18 PM

it gets louder the more i accelerate, i cant really record it because the engine is too loud, and its on the drivers side so im not really thinking serpentine belt.

HPNOTIQracing 08-09-2010 08:46 PM

im confused. you say the sound is coming from the guage cluster or under the hood?
you also say the motor is bad in the cluster. what motor in the cluster?
lastly you say it sounds like a vacuum(for carpets) or a vacuum leak?

red04montels 08-10-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by HPNOTIQracing (Post 254301)
im confused. you say the sound is coming from the guage cluster or under the hood?
you also say the motor is bad in the cluster. what motor in the cluster?
lastly you say it sounds like a vacuum(for carpets) or a vacuum leak?

it sounds like from the cluster, or somewhere in that area, i cant really pinpoint it, and the speedometer motor is going bad, it sometimes shuts of and whatnot, and it sounds like a carpet vacuum.

red04montels 08-10-2010 09:52 PM

okay slimmed it down today, its the drivers side speaker, everytime i accelerate it does get louder, and its on even when i have the stereo on standby, i dont really want to take it to a shop to get looked at when ive done all of the install on my own, any ideas? thanks.

monte carlo 3831 08-10-2010 10:17 PM

maybe a bad ground wire?

red04montels 08-10-2010 10:43 PM

its just the one side tho?

i have read that it could be that my rcas are on the same side as my power wire, im thinking thats probably the problem but wanted to look into it further, im not sure what else it could be unless there is a short in the system, which i dont think would be possible with how its set up, or unless a terminal is possibly loose, but then i dont know why the sound would get louder as i accelerate.

i thought the rcas being by the power wire would make it louder because as the alternator cranks more that power would make the sound but im not completely sure, hopefully keith jumps in or something lol

red04montels 08-11-2010 09:41 PM

another update, it makes the noise when the engine is turned on, and sounds static, but its not a blown speaker because it would make the noise all the time.