Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   My Monte Hit a HUGE Milestone (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/my-monte-hit-huge-milestone-46401/)

MAMONTE 12-31-2013 08:55 AM

My Monte Hit a HUGE Milestone

1 Attachment(s)
Last night while driving home, my Monte hit the 200K mark. Still runs awesome and I'm hoping for 300K next. :D This weekend I'll be doing an oil change, spark plugs and wires, tranny service, changing the coolant and cleaning my air filter to prep for the next 100K! :)

It's been one heck of a rock solid car. Original engine and trans as of now and still going strong. So far I think the most major repair I've had to do was the crank shaft position actuator twice, crank seal at 150K and a water pump. Zero tranny work has ever been done and no gaskets on the engine have been done or need to be done. Zero leaks at all. :D AND I still average 27 MPG.

turbo monte 12-31-2013 09:35 AM

That's awesome!! I hope it lasts you another 200k without any issues! I can't believe no trans issues or gasket issues that's great! :congrats:

ChibiBlackSheep 12-31-2013 09:42 AM

Well you did have some trans issues, but that overkill tune seemed to help :P

That is a great car, glad to see it still doing so well!!!

MAMONTE 12-31-2013 10:02 AM

This is true...Technically speaking, my tranny has had zero work done to it (outside of me dropping the pan and changing fluid frequently). However, at around 130K, the trans started slipping occasionally, but I got an Overkill PCM and that seems to have fixed the issues (my guess is the increased line pressures helped).

I fully expect a trans rebuild to be necessary eventually...but I've been saying that since 120K and it still keeps on going. :D

As for the 3500 engine...it's bullet proof thus far. Thumbs up to GM for that one. LOL I've start burning some oil in between changes (about 1 quart within the 8-9K I go in between changes). I add about half a quart every 3-4K. Other than that, you'd never know the car had 200K on it by driving it.

The_Maniac 12-31-2013 12:06 PM

WOOT WOOT!!!
It's great to always hit that milestone with a POSITIVE outlook on your ownership of the car!!!

That 3500 I believe is based off the 3100/3400 design (minor changes and introduction of drive-by-wire to the GM 60 degree engines). Like it's predecessors, treat it well and she will last! Sounds like you've been doing great on maintenance (something easily forgotten about).

Looking forward to the 300,000 mile update!! :)

AwesomeSS 12-31-2013 06:48 PM

Congrats Michael!

KillerB 01-05-2014 08:20 PM

All I can say is, WOW! Wish more people would do normal maintenance. Nice job.

MAMONTE 01-06-2014 11:00 AM

Thanks!

Just got done giving it a major maintenance this weekend.

-Spark Plugs and Wires
-Oil Change
-Transmission Fluid and Filter
-Coolant
-Cleaned MAF and Air Filter
-Changed Cabin Air Filter
-Sea Foam in the Gas
-Belt Dressing on the Serp Belt (original belt still)
-New Head Light Bulbs

Runs just as good as new. :D

jakefluker 01-06-2014 06:17 PM

great milestone! That's why I tell people if you take care of your vehicle it will take care of you.

ohara 01-06-2014 07:45 PM

Congrats on the milestone.