Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Modification #1 of many (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/modification-1-many-6411/)

ExplosiveSoundz 11-07-2007 12:32 AM

Modification #1 of many

So tonight I tackled the feat of the Poly Motor Mounts. WOW, those were a pain in the A$$ to get out, but once I got them out with some detergent, the new ones from INTENSE flopped right in with some white lithium grease ( also helps with creaking of mounts )

ALREADY I can notice a little bit better acceleration, it bites harder, and shifts seem a little more firm... :) I also did my new headlights. I took alot of pictures, but will not be updating it until tomorrow night or the following on my website.. stay tuned

Tomorrow: TOG Headers, Downpipe, and SLP Powerflo Exhaust, along with New Spark Plug Wires, spark plugs, and thermostat.

Wish me luck! :)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes of being home, it is GREAT to be a normal human again :)

-Keegan

BeachBumMike 11-07-2007 05:10 AM

RE: Modification #1 of many

Thanks everyone for the good wishes of being home, it is GREAT to be a normal human again :)

-Keegan

Hi Keegan, I'm still try'in to figure out what a normal human being is ? :DLOL :D
We are really looking forward to hearing all about your new `Mod's, plus
seeing your pictures. We also hope that you are enjoying all the
freedom's that life has to offer. Enjoy your `journey.
`Space, & the BeachRiver Bum's

kweef 11-07-2007 09:58 AM

keep us posted! its always nice to know that things are goin well when someone is working on their car:)

GrandPaDave 11-07-2007 12:50 PM

Welcome Home!!

rj 11-07-2007 04:59 PM

I'm interested in hearing more about the motor mounts.

RocknSS04 11-07-2007 08:26 PM

Welcome home Keegan!
I'm not happy with my ZZP motor mounts, WAY too much vibration. Where did you get yours from?

jshep 11-07-2007 09:51 PM

tonight i did my headers and wow what a change, much better sound and performance. helps with the 3" cat back. also the motor mounts enhance the feel. the throttle body i bought has caused tons of problems for me. its a good idea to get a heat shield for your throttle body.

Mac7504 11-08-2007 05:54 PM

Don't ever get the ZZP mounts... !!!! Intense is the way to go for those...

I never heard anything good about the ZZp ones...I have Intense motor mounts with no problem...

cain45 11-09-2007 03:56 PM

I had ZZP ones in my 98 Grand Prix GTP and never had one problem with them...however I've heard many people have trouble with various Intense products.

ExplosiveSoundz 11-09-2007 10:30 PM

The Intense mounts are great... Very little steering wheel vibration, but you can tell it bites harder, and gives more responsive acceleration.