General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

LTZ to SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:16 AM

yep thats why i went with anouther insurance company my dad called his and said he was riding with me and could you look at it the insurance guy said give me a minute and he set me up with my dads insurance with my own polocy the insurance company that i went with that day said it was only a 200 bumper and a 150 worth of work and the ajuster looked at me and said you can put it on your self and not have any thing go on the vehicle record

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM

it was a big difference to be honest with all the options on my silverado and the condition of the body. some one could have salvaged it quick when they seen it sitting in the salvage yard. the blue book at the time was sitting at 10k and it is the high end performance and a 6 speed i found that tremic makes for the ls1 and the ls1 vehicles it makes a difference driving it when having the two extra geers. progressive ajuster probably seen how much he could make scraping it for the parts and the body of it. i put in all good stuff in all my vehicles that will perform and run great and love to drive because i plan to keep every thing i drive forever

Old 02-14-2011, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I don't agree with your last sentence. If every check box on the SS was, well, checked, it's basically optioned just as much as the LTZ. So what's missing as far as "creature comforts" than? His has the heated leather, and looks to be highly optioned.
If you wanted to spend $30,000 on a brand new Monte Carlo and wanted all the options checked, you couldn't buy an SS you could buy the LTZ though. The LTZ was everything standard, and they were options on everything else. Sure you could get an SS with all the goodies, but that would be $$$$$

My Mom wanted the Monte Carlo LTZ, but my Dad wanted the V8 and stiffer suspension. Cost reasons, they couldn't have both. I don't think many of the SS's were honestly optioned that much because it would have probably been a $38,000 car.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

That makes me wonder. Mine is loaded, to the best of my knowledge. I was under the impression that they were roughly $32-33K in SS form with all options.

Does anyone have a fully loaded SS that can scan and attached their window sticker?

Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 PM

Mines was right around $33,000 give or take. I am missing the engine block heater and the 6 disk stereo (I still have the amp and eight speakers). I have every other option (minus stripes.)

I have to believe that a fully loaded LTZ is high 20's, but I have no info to back that up.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Mines was right around $33,000 give or take. I am missing the engine block heater and the 6 disk stereo (I still have the amp and eight speakers). I have every other option (minus stripes.)

I have to believe that a fully loaded LTZ is high 20's, but I have no info to back that up.
Just out of curiosity, where are all 8 speakers?? I can only find 4, but I have the 6-disc changer. I was under the impression that with this CD player, the premium sound system was a package deal.

I also do not have the block heater. I believe it's the only option I do not have.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Just out of curiosity, where are all 8 speakers?? I can only find 4, but I have the 6-disc changer. I was under the impression that with this CD player, the premium sound system was a package deal.

I also do not have the block heater. I believe it's the only option I do not have.
The speakers are stacked on top of each other. For instance, the rear speakers are maybe a 6x9 woofed with some sort of tweeter on top of it. All of the speakers are like this. Hence the eight. Maybe some stereo guru can explain it better than I.

You could get the same speakers and amp with both the single cd (that I have), and the in dash 6 disc that you have.
I really wish I had the 6 disc even though I mostly listen to music through my phone via the auxillary input.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:25 PM

do you have the heated mirrors and side air bags?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:04 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I were to pick, I'd choose the Monte Carlo SS cause I would never buy a 4 door car.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
i think chibi might have implied that the impally ltz and the ss monte has the same comfort. but the monte is a two door and rides a little different then a four door. but on anouther note kurtmc how did the impalla get totaled it looked like the impalla was able to be saved in that corner it is hard to believe that it was totaled if you had insurance with progressive i would under stand they dont like to repair any amarican made car i had them when i got the silverado some one backed into me and dented the bumper they said it was a 30k in damage i took it to a body shop the ajuster said it was only a dent in the bumper and every thing else is straight
The trunk needed to be replaced, bumper, left exaust pipe was damaed. The impact caused dents in the frame above the window. The bumper was damaged and my front left wheel was damaged. I forgot to take pictures before they took it.
On the ltz ss discussion, my ss doesn't have a 6 cd changer or the bose premium speakers my ltz had.

Quick Reply: LTZ to SS