Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Letter/Ad from local dealership (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/letter-ad-local-dealership-19727/)

RickAKATed10 03-30-2010 10:42 AM

Letter/Ad from local dealership

So I got something interesting in the mail yesterday. A letter from my local Chevrolet dealer that was telling me they want to buy my car. I'll skip the rest of what it says, but basically it just read something like, due to high demands, yada, yada, yada... We'll give you over the going NADA price.

So, anyone else every get something like this and actually go into the dealer to see what it's all about and how much they're actually willing to give you.

My car, is going for $14,375 as a clean trade-in based on NADA. I'm wondering what they'd be willing to give me for it.

Jomao_o 03-30-2010 06:44 PM

Well, since you're thinking about getting a more fuel efficient car this may help you out, even though i've heard this is a ploy to get you to get into a new vehicle.
Basically they just want to get you in their lot so they can try to upsell you another vehicle.

monte carlo 3831 03-30-2010 06:55 PM

the letter thing was brought up before on here. I wonder how much exactly they would give you? you should tell them you're interested and see what they offer you!!

SpinEm_90 03-30-2010 07:07 PM

really? woww i didnt know they could do that. how did they know u had a monte? did u get it from them?

bumpin96monte 03-30-2010 07:15 PM

Say anything about buying a new car only? or can it be for a used car too?

LuSe4 03-30-2010 07:28 PM

It is a dealership ploy to get you in the door.

AwesomeSS 03-30-2010 07:28 PM

I get those all the time. If you ever get your car serviced at a dealer, they know your information. I'm getting them from 2 Chevy dealers. And I'm still getting a notice from when I owned my 05 Ford Mustang (Ford dealership).

mak330 03-30-2010 08:36 PM

most of the time those letters will say well give you kbb, then you have to buy a NEW 2011, finance through us(high interest), andwe wont give you anything off. not combined with any special offers.

but its still worth it. whats the nada value of your car. probly 15 or so. if you owe less then that it sounds like a deal. most of the time stealerships would give you about 11 for you car. so that is a great deal minus all the catches that i know are in there, probly in the yada yada's.

MAMONTE 03-31-2010 08:24 AM

We've gotten those letters asking to buy back my Mom's Bonneville for more than blue book...I thinks its a scam to get you in the door.

Donutboy97 03-31-2010 11:47 AM

Just got one last month. I laugh when I get it and it says they are in high demand for 2001 Monte Carlo's lmao!!!! REALLY!!!!!!