Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Ideas for new stuff (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/ideas-new-stuff-16322/)

RickAKATed10 10-02-2009 11:35 AM

Yeah, I some what agree. Except when it's an auction on ebay... My wheels, I bought on ebay, and I made the purchase while in the airport, on my phone, with my girlfriend waiting on our flight to AZ. She thinks I'm crazy, but she loves me. lol

bumpin96monte 10-03-2009 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 165817)
anyone got some ideas for some cheaper stuff? i got about $120 extra this month, dont know if i should spend it on my car, start getting my gf a christmas present or put it towards a REAL intake haha.

input/links/ideas would be great, with prices also too maybe haha thanks

Hmm, so you could waste $120 on the car for some tiny part that you'll never get your money back on- or waste $120 on your GF where you'll also never get any return.... sounds like a lose-lose to me

lol- just kidding

how about window tint for the car? I know its over $120, but it shouldn't be over by that much- maybe you'd have to kick an extra $30 or so to it.

red04montels 10-03-2009 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2003SSmonte (Post 165987)
they just dont understand sometimes haha and this situation has im sure come up for all of us before... with the exception of the female members of course haha well they might have too with their bf's i spose. i usually put the girl first because its just the right thing to do but there are those times when you gotta have that part or those rims and theres nothin else you can do! i look at it as, the spoiler will always be in stock haha the gf?!? might not be...

then why spend money on her? lol

MAMONTE 10-04-2009 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 166362)
then why spend money on her? lol

Gotta say, its hard to not spend all your money on the car, but don't forget about your g/f in the process.

SpinEm_90 10-04-2009 06:11 PM

lol this thread has been interesting to read. personally i would have a really hard time figuring out what to spend the money on too. it's so hard to balance it all out whenever you are in a relationship but my b/f is really really into cars too so its kinda easy at times lol. i'd say spend half on each =]

Nick07 10-04-2009 06:44 PM

Spend it on the girlfriend dude! I made an unfortunate mistake last year that I paid for for about 3 months. I got a ticket for the exhaust on my truck that I had for like a month, so I spent about $300 getting it redone so it was "legal". The cops just thought it was and left me alone after that. By the way, it was 3" straight pipe all the way back without cats or mufflers or glass packs. Just 3" stainless piping. Anyway, I did this about 3 weeks before my g/f's birthday and ended up having to buy new tires cuz some idiot decided to slash my $1000 Toyo tires. Those new tires cost me pretty much all the money I had saved up. It was either no vehicle for 2 weeks or get the girlfriend the necklace she's been hinting at for 6 months. Well..... I made the wrong decision in her eyes. I could have rode with someone to work and she would have come to see me but still. No vehicle sucks

red04montels 10-04-2009 06:56 PM

i know i was just messing around, ill probably save up my next 2 or 3 paychecks and balance it out, just wondering what some cheaper things would be

Nick07 10-04-2009 07:06 PM

I'd get a spoiler if I were you man, it would set yer car off a lot. I don't like the looks of the 6th gens without a spoiler, it's kinda like they complete the shape of the car.

red04montels 10-04-2009 07:10 PM

would i need to buy the new shock things then too? to keep the trunk up

Nick07 10-04-2009 07:32 PM

Yer car doesn't have them or what? I don't know too much about the minor details like that of the 6th gens, I'm a 5th gen owner. If yer car already has them I don't know why you'd need to get different ones, the factory spoilers aren't that heavy. If you don't have them though and you want yer trunk to stay up it might be a nice feature to invest in