General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I found another good source for MC's

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Default RE: I found another good source for MC's

ORIGINAL: rchurch

I didn't know where to put this so here it is. I saw an MC SS the other day that was silver like TVW's. On the sides and back where it had the red Monte Carlo SS emblems, the owner had taken the Monte Carlo part off and left just the SS. I thought it looked pretty good. Kinda subtle change, but noticable. I would do it to mine, but my car is red and the red emblems are not that noticable. I am thinking about doing it and changing the color of the SS emblems.
Same here buddy, I have a red Monte, originally I wanted to shave everythingm but now I want to put Black SS and Monte Carlo badging on mine

Old 06-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

it comes off 10000 million times easyer if you heat it up with a hair dryer first and it doesnt hurt the paint

Old 06-21-2005, 03:48 AM

as far as the scripts go i dont think any of them show up well on any of the cars they used the same color on both

I have seen the silver with a black script and it showed up nice
i have seen the red with a silver scrips those looked real sharp but he also hada straight red car not the one with the under skirting painted silver. i have seen at syle with the black scripts on it and it looked good to

but i think the niest one from the factory weas the gordon edition with the silver scripts and the blue car.
but then the flames looked sweet on that car to LOL

Old 06-23-2005, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

it comes off 10000 million times easyer if you heat it up with a hair dryer first and it doesnt hurt the paint
true story!

one thing I would suggest though, is sanding the emblems down and applying a primer coat before painting them. This assures a better bond which means you won't have to redo them anytime soon.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:25 AM

body shop tip for yall

take out the green scrubby pads for doing your dishes and use a new one .
sand down the embles till there is no shine to them
tack off and or you can wash them off with hot soapy water and let dry verry well

then before you paint them wipe them with rubbing alcohual
then shoot with a etchabel primer for paint
then shoot your color
then shoot your clear with t least a hour between coats. or follow the destructions ont he back of the paint can your useing

those green scrubby pads are jus tlike useing 220 sandpaper on them
and they are cheap and last longer then the normal sand paper do when doing shapes that are hard to get in to and they will allow you to bend them aroudn things to get in to them.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:44 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

body shop tip for yall

take out the green scrubby pads for doing your dishes and use a new one .
sand down the embles till there is no shine to them
tack off and or you can wash them off with hot soapy water and let dry verry well

then before you paint them wipe them with rubbing alcohual
then shoot with a etchabel primer for paint
then shoot your color
then shoot your clear with t least a hour between coats. or follow the destructions ont he back of the paint can your useing

those green scrubby pads are jus tlike useing 220 sandpaper on them
and they are cheap and last longer then the normal sand paper do when doing shapes that are hard to get in to and they will allow you to bend them aroudn things to get in to them.

Using bulldog adhesive promoter works wonders too.