General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Few new cell phone pics of Black Rain.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:37 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Very nice pictures, I wouldn't park near any trees after detailing it...pollen is a pita.
Lol didn't think of that man thanks for the tip

Old 05-12-2012, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Looks Good
Thanks Mike!!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
All I used was the ultimate compund the only thing that touched it prior was quick detailer a few weeks before and after that the car wash
LOL

Do you know that Ultimate Compound is a physical abrasive? Meant to be used with a good polisher/buffer that can go up to 6k rpm. Car should be washed with dawn to remove all wax first then claybar and wash again then use Compound and fallow with scratch x or swirl x, then go ahead and polish and wax lol

Not to bash you but if you just hand applied this to a car that hasn't been clay barred, it probably didn't do much?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by tps221
lol my car is my daily driver i wanna take it to a show even if i wouldn't win
Its not that I dont want to its that I think it loosk great and I don't need others juding it lol plus all the car shows around me end up having old classics the newest car I've seen in a show around here was a 88 Camaro and then a 2010 Charger.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 PM

3 Year Member

BTW if you did just apply the ultimate compound you may want to apply polish/wax immediately

Being a physical abrasive it removes some clear coat and could possibly go down to paint if too much pressure applied. Again not to harass you but your paint could be at jeopardy without wax/sealant.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
LOL

Do you know that Ultimate Compound is a physical abrasive? Meant to be used with a good polisher/buffer that can go up to 6k rpm. Car should be washed with dawn to remove all wax first then claybar and wash again then use Compound and fallow with scratch x or swirl x, then go ahead and polish and wax lol

Not to bash you but if you just hand applied this to a car that hasn't been clay barred, it probably didn't do much?
No offense taken at all lol. Good things to know I'm not sure if it was that bottle or one of the many other products I bought that I'd read on but I thought that one said it could be Hand applied. I could be totally wrong though. I wasn't really using it to get swirls out or anything just to try and bring out a bit in the paint and it did just that. Heck for doing it wrong I'm still impressed at how it made it shine, Like I mention all the time my cell phone does no justice it looks ten times better in person. If it did that great doing it wrong I can't wait to see how it turns out doing it right lol. I have some scratch/swirl compound but havent gottena round to using it on it yet. Thanks for the info though, again no offense taken if I do something wrong or theres a better way to do it I like to be corrected so I can do it right

Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 PM

BTW if you did just apply the ultimate compound you may want to apply polish/wax immediately

Being a physical abrasive it removes some clear coat and could possibly go down to paint if too much pressure applied. Again not to harass you but your paint could be at jeopardy without wax/sealant.
So should I wash it lol I guess i missed it since I did it wrong what should I do next to correct.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 PM

guess I forgot to mention i used almost no pressure at all not hard pressure at all and it sat 2 days now in my storage shed and i just drove it about and hour ago and it looks amazign still lol just trying to get everything right.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:51 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
So should I wash it lol I guess i missed it since I did it wrong what should I do next to correct.
IDK lol I've become picky of detailing my Monte and have read up on too many meguiars products forums

If you hand applied you probably didn't remove much clear coat. Some scratches can come out by hand but deep ones would require a polisher. I'd put a coat of wax on just to be safe if you have time but you probably didn't take much clear coat off. Some people tend to apply too much for too long and it then they start to see paint on the polishing pad haha!

Hopefully you can get a better camera some time. I'm sure it looks way better in person. Even hand applying probably removed quite a bit of fine swirls and scratches

Old 05-12-2012, 10:52 PM

Just read the bottle sadly all I got was the directions say appl on a clean surface in a cool place. And the first set of directions is for By-Hand application so I was ok on that. Sadly I'm still lost do I wash it or wax it tomorrow? Like metioned only thing it said on applying it to make sure its a clean cool surface.

Quick Reply: Few new cell phone pics of Black Rain.