Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Car Show Sign Board (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/car-show-sign-board-27352/)

Blazed SS 04-08-2011 07:56 PM

I got you man Thanks for your help I do both shows and car audio and I was going to use it at both kinds

Milhouse 04-08-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS (Post 314042)
I like the font also and I think it would look good with my orange insted of the red.

NEW question
Should I put like the manufactors that i have goten parts from on there some where ? example :
stinger , Wizair , Jvc, Borla,SLP
????????

I agree. I do also see the point chibi made about the font, I don't necessarily agree but I see where he's coming from.

I would only put the manufacturers on there if they are sponsoring you, otherwise I think it would look real "busy", almost cluttered.

Originally Posted by jaws2008 (Post 314047)
Here are mine

Of course some of the stuff I added in prior to installation for my system because It will be in and ready before my car shows start.

I like them both, but the second one has some issues:

Can't read the first line too well, Kenwood xxxxxx
There's no "e" in wiring
There's no "h" in watts

Couple suggestions now:

I think you should somehow break up the list into two columns, which would take care of the first problem in the process. I'd move "audio system" up right under 2002 Monte Carlo SS and then once you get your two columns of products listed i'm sure you'll be able to fit in "3000+ Whatts" somewhere, LOL. Much the same as most people don't know about the different ohms and what not, I think the same can be said about "rms" so I think it would look cleaner if you just stuck with "3000+ Whatts" Sorry man, I had to:p

Originally Posted by Blazed SS (Post 314096)
Copy so what looks better in your opinion 2500w Rms @ 4 ohm when they sit in the car it or I show it it will be more impresive or the 5000 w Rms that I am running in theory at 2ohm . And should I put my TL score in the back ground

I think the bigger number would look more impressive. But how are you running 5k if your sub amps are 1k each? :confused:

As for the TL score.....http://i52.tinypic.com/2ro44u8.gif

Originally Posted by jaws2008 (Post 314102)
I also want to state I put 3000+ because take my 2 Rockford P2 8s and say I have them hooked together to the same bridged channel on the amp putting out 300rms. Its putting 300rms to both making it 600 in theory, same with the 6.5s and 4s etc..

Uh, no.

When you bridge that amp it'll do 150rms x 2, grand total of 300rms.

jaws2008 04-08-2011 09:08 PM

Ah spell checker I Love it it always works when you want it to LOL.. SO thanks for the heads up, its not final so thanks for the suggestion.. Kinda why I posted it lol.

I think I stated it wrong. I understand its 150x2 to make 300. But each sub gets 300.. although its still 300 rms some would consider what you hear to be 600.. I can see both sides of the argument if you understand what Im trying to say, just depends on how you look at it.

Milhouse 04-08-2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008 (Post 314131)
Ah spell checker I Love it it always works when you want it to LOL.. SO thanks for the heads up, its not final so thanks for the suggestion.. Kinda why I posted it lol.

I think I stated it wrong. I understand its 150x2 to make 300. But each sub gets 300.. although its still 300 rms some would consider what you hear to be 600.. I can see both sides of the argument if you understand what Im trying to say, just depends on how you look at it.

Cool beans

How do you figure each midbass gets 300rms????? If you wire them together then you can only use 1 channel of the 2 channels you have available to you by bridging the amp, which means they will have to share 150rms.....even if you do that it's not "well, both speakers are connected together and running off the same channel so both speakers are getting 150rms each" If there's only 150rms getting to both of the speakers that are already wired together how does 150rms magically turn in to 300rms?

I think you can keep your "3000+ whatts rms" on your sign without the play on words/slick talk/spin doctoring....your sub amp is underrated and your T600 is underrated so i'm sure you're still at 3000+. Just keep it simple dude, you're reaching.

AwesomeSS 04-08-2011 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 313945)
All this talk about boards!! Now I'm wondering if I too should make something for the Monte Nationals... Probably NOT a bad idea....

When I attended last years nationals I was one of the very few people who did have a car show sign. Go figure.

Blazed SS 04-09-2011 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Milhouse (Post 314116)

I think the bigger number would look more impressive. But how are you running 5k if your sub amps are 1k each? :confused:

As for the TL score .

Lol you caught me in a mistake (crap) you are right I was doubling my 1000.1 's to 4k on my allready doubled theroredicocal 2 ohm load lol dreaming I guess I did get 2 new 1000.1 IX amps ( the mtx amps are gone ) but I really am 1500 Rms at 4 ohm total of 3 amps and 3000 Rms at 2 ohm ea. One the 3. Sorry about that guys.

As for the TL score I will hope fully be using a TL tomorrow and I will try to get more pics and a video :D

Milhouse 04-09-2011 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS (Post 314159)
Lol you caught me in a mistake (crap) you are right I was doubling my 1000.1 's to 4k on my allready doubled theroredicocal 2 ohm load lol dreaming I guess I did get 2 new 1000.1XI amps ( the mtx amps are gone ) but I really am 1500 Rms at 4 ohm total of 3 amps and 3000 Rms at 2 ohm ea. One the 3. Sorry about that guys.

As for the TL score I will hope fully be using a TL tomorrow and I will try to get more pics and a video :D

Not really sure I follow you, but it doesn't matter, I just thought you had gotten some more powerful amps and you were holding out on us :) But it seems you've downgraded. When did you get rid of the MTX amps and what did you get to replace them?

This is my thought on the board thing.....personally I would be more impressed if I heard a car that sounded like it had 2000rms of power going to it but the board said it was only 500rms than I would if the board said it was 2000rms. That doesn't mean lie on the board though. Not everybody has their amps wired for max output, some sub amps do rated power @ 1ohm but maybe you have it wired @ 2ohms instead. So if your hypothetical amp does 2000 @ 1ohm, it'll most likely do 1000 @ 2ohms.....so on the board you can either list max rated power or actual power based on how you've got it wired. I think actual power would be the way to go. Good luck on the TL, that thing can be unforgiving.

Space 04-09-2011 08:27 AM

Below are some links to check out for idea's ?

www.PalmieriConcepts.com Your 1st Choice Custom Car Display Boards ...

Our custom posters and poster boards, show boards, car show display boards and pictures have been ..... This will show them that every aspect of your car, including the display is the best quality available. ..... Custom 3D Wall Signs ...
www.palmiericoncepts.com/showpackage.html - Cached - Similar

Show Car Boards

Looking for a Custom Show Car Board? Made just for YOU. Look no further. ... thousands of dollars building your vehicle now you need one of our signs to complete it! ... We Design Show Boards for the "BEST" Newest members of Team CSD ...
www.showcarboardz.com/Home_Page.php - Cached - Block all showcarboardz.com results

Not helpful? You can block showcarboardz.com results when you're signed in to search. showcarboardz.com

Show Car Boardz II

Willing to work with you on any ideas you may have for your board. Best of ...
www.showcarboardz.com/Show_Car_Boardz_II.php - Cached - Similar

Show more results from showcarboardz.com

www.showboards.com - America's #1 Custom Car Show Board Site! Over ...

Customized Car Show Boards for classic cars, hot rods, custom cars, motorcycles and more. Call: 1-888-783-5274.

Show map of 44 Huse Road, Manchester, NH 03103-3086

www.mv.com/ipusers/motion/ - Cached

Car Showboards - Ron Pugel - Best of Show Automotive - Car Show ...

Classic Car Showboard, Custom made Car Poster, Vintage and Muscle Cars Show board, Ron Pugel, car artist, Mentor, Ohio. Best of Show Automotive located in ...
www.bestofshowautomotive.com/showboards.html - Cached - Similar

Blazed SS 04-09-2011 09:05 AM

Old amps where 2 MTX 1000XD
MTX 1000XD 2000W Max, Class D Monoblock Amplifier X Thunder 1000
New amps 2 kicker 1000.1 IX
Kicker IX1000.1 (10IX1000.1) Mono Class D Car Amplifier
Long story short 1 of the 2 MTX amps shorted out so I replaced both with a similar size amp power wise smaller dims on the kicker amps witch is nice the amps are now side by side insted of being stacked

Thank you. Kid I will check them out !!

Milhouse 04-09-2011 11:10 AM

Neat looking amps, I never seen them before.