Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   came across this. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/came-across-17807/)

Justin 12-29-2009 12:07 PM

came across this.

i came across this, on youtube and i though it was cool sorry if its an repost. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FBw2...eature=related

ChibiBlackSheep 12-29-2009 12:27 PM

all I can say is eww.

The doors and hood don't seem to sit / align right because of all the extra stuff they had to put on it to open the reverse way.

seal0716 12-29-2009 12:38 PM

Well the paint is real nice and the engine is good, thats about it.

RickAKATed10 12-29-2009 12:40 PM

The only cool thing is the tail light/gas door...

ChibiBlackSheep 12-29-2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 (Post 186794)
The only cool thing is the tail light/gas door...

Cool yes. But I wouldn't want to wait 1 minute for that thing to open up / close when I'm outside in cold weather trying to fill up the gas-tank. Also seems like if something on it breaks, you won't get gas in your car very easily.

Functional... nah.

Cowboy6622 12-29-2009 12:53 PM

I always like to check these things that people post from youtube.... I'm waiting for the day somebody finds my Monte Carlo on YouTube and posts how stupid I am!! :)

I got by this time though.... looks a little sloppy.

seal0716 12-29-2009 12:56 PM

I just noticed that. Where is the gas cap??

ChibiBlackSheep 12-29-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 (Post 186801)
I'm waiting for the day somebody finds my Monte Carlo on YouTube and posts how stupid I am!! :)

Look at THIS MORON. I can't believe someone did this in their Monte!!!

AwesomeSS 12-29-2009 01:06 PM

Behind the left tail light (gas filler). The wheels are fuggly!

nascar43 12-29-2009 01:59 PM

.....Yuck......

...I have seen that first video before. I don't like that car personally. The paint looks like it was dripped on there or the entire car was dunked in a giant paint bucket. But it's all a matter of personal taste. I'm an old guy anyway.

The second video : I agree with Mike. That guy was a Moron ! :eek:

God_Bot 12-29-2009 02:31 PM

I thought it was pretty cool, I wouldn't want to drive it. It seems to be more of a show car than actual driver. That's a pretty sweet idea to hid the gas cap behind the tail light, I always wanted a car like my dad's Camaro where it's hidden behind the license plate.

New wheels would be nice and that trunk needs a lot of work. It kinda looks like it's just leather wrapped wood, needs a nice wrapped fiberglass setup.

Enzo354 12-29-2009 06:34 PM

I like it personally, alot of cool stuff but Im not into all of that bling, and yea the trunk needs work. *hopefully Ill have a setup like that eventually lol* And Ive always thought of doing suicide doors. Way less played out and way more cool then scissors.

And whose that guy in the blue monte, I was waiting the hole time for a board to slip out and see him almost roll :P

03JGMonte 12-29-2009 07:00 PM

SPINNERS LOL HA, i hate spinners lol, not my kinda car

The Popcorn King 12-29-2009 08:00 PM

I would rather take the bus then drive that poor Monte.

Jomao_o 12-29-2009 09:02 PM

Pfft, JJ you must have a good metro bus system there.
You wouldn't catch me in a bus around here, lol.
Its very unique, but looks like they tried to hard. I like the body kit, Razzi i think it is.
They could have used a diff color scheme.

The second video i dont even know what to say, i just lol'd hard, as brock said, i was just waiting for something really bad to happen. lol

Taz 12-29-2009 09:35 PM

The first car...

The color is okay.

The gas filler tube is a nice idea, but I wouldn't motorize it. I would just have the taillight fold down manually. Kinda like the tri-five chevies did. The motorized one on that car would probably freeze up and jam in parts of the country that get winter weather.

The spinners need to go. Overdone by too many people and lost their appeal a long time ago.

The reverse opening hood is kinda cool. I wouldn't spend the time and money to do it on my car. But to each their own.

The suicide doors I think is asking for problems in the long run. Those doors are really heavy, and would sag fairly quickly.

The trunk needs to be re-done. Like you guys said.

As for the second video with the blue Monte...

Incase some of you are not aware, that's cowboy6622 Duane.

ChibiBlackSheep 12-30-2009 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 186952)
Incase some of you are not aware, that's cowboy6622 Duane.

I thought I made that one obvious :confused:

The Popcorn King 12-30-2009 09:21 AM

I've seen Duane's vid before.

Originally Posted by Jomao_o (Post 186936)
Pfft, JJ you must have a good metro bus system there.
You wouldn't catch me in a bus around here, lol.

I dont ride the bus, but from i hear, its really not that bad. Better then the ones back in L.A. :D:D:D:D