Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   7th Gen ('06-'07): buying a 2007 chevy monte carlo SS (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/buying-2007-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-44544/)

tpayne350 08-20-2013 11:11 PM

buying a 2007 chevy monte carlo SS

Hey guys i have a 2000 monte carlo LS with 96k im tryna sell for a 2007 SS with 127k miles i work at the dealer ship my cost is 7,100 Its fast i love it black and in good shape does have a door ding. Pale tan leather interior.
Good price?
Problems i may run into with the mileage?
Any cool mods? Possily cheap mods?

Space 08-21-2013 05:09 AM

Hi T.Payne & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.

Please post some pictures of your Monte & the SS that you are getting.
Explore the MCF & you will learn a lot of information about Monte Carlo's...Look forward to your future posts/pictures :thumbsup:

p.s. Belated Happy Birthday :thumbsup:

Use our Forum Search Engine...
<input name="query" class="search_box_input" id="query_top" style="border-left-color: rgb(192, 192, 192); border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid;" onclick="SelectAll('query_top')" type="text" value="" ;=""><input name="ref" type="hidden" value="esp-nav-bar">
Search

MnteCrloSS47 08-21-2013 07:27 AM

That's a lot of miles for a 7Th gen, the main thing i would see is if it has records of past mechanical issues.
Has the Transmission been replaced already?
That's the big thing with the 7th gen SS's, the tranny's hardly last over 100k in MOST cases.

Not to many mods for it, other than the usual CAI and exhaust.
There is a turbo kit for it as well, that's a bit of $$ though.

Really i would just check on the tranny and make sure that's shifting well

Goodluck with your buy, these cars are awesome for sure

Tadcaster 08-21-2013 07:29 AM

T. Payne

Welcome to the forum! If the car is in good condition 127k would be ok

But do the math 127,000 / 6 = 21,166 miles per year I believe the average is 15k per year.

BUT , you work at the dealer will they give you "special' attention if things go bad?

tpayne350 08-21-2013 09:03 PM

Okay i have the hardest time ever trying to upload photos. But yeah its nice seat have slight wear paints good like i said a could little dings here and there shifts amazing no lights. Soild suspension and sterring. The car fax had no reported.acciedents but its hsaid it had possible sub frame damage im putting it on the lift tm. Yeah its smooth doesnt stutter at idle seems legit thou. Id like a supercharger.... and whats wrong with the transmission im not sure but isnt it the HD version of the regular one?

MonteCarloLover#1 08-25-2013 07:43 PM

I would totally recommend this car especially if it has the engine that switches from eight cylinders to six to four. My father has that car and loves it. +Power +Fuel efficiency