Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Anyone install a pace spoiler on a surfboard spoiler deck? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/anyone-install-pace-spoiler-surfboard-spoiler-deck-7446/)

jasonmcr 01-16-2008 05:01 PM

Anyone install a pace spoiler on a surfboard spoiler deck?

I have a pace car style spoiler and my 03 monte already has the surfboard style spoiler installed. Well the body shop guy told me that it would be too much work to drill the new holes for the pace spoiler and that he wouldnt be able to fill the left over holes from removing the surfboard spoiler. He was telling me Id need a whole new deck lid. Im think WTF? theres no way this is true so I was curious if anyone here had a pace spoiler installed on a surfboard style deck lid?

rj 01-16-2008 05:56 PM

RE: Anyone install a pace spoiler on a surfboard spoiler deck?

I believe the '00-05 Montes there are two holes left over from this switch. The two outer most holes (one each side).

mickey 01-16-2008 07:17 PM

he is trying to get the cost of a new deck lid from you becuse he is lazy.
FIND A BETTER SHOP!!
tell earl shribe that you can do better im sure bob the builder could handel this. it truley is not that hard to do.

Also there is a stlye of spoiler that dont need any holes filled or drilled in the deck lid and it has the stand up style spoiler.

do a serch for rear spoilers here and you will find out the name of it i have posted it several times. i just cant remeber what it was .
But i know it can be done and alo whole lot cheaper then finding a new deck lid to replace it.

jasonmcr 01-16-2008 07:33 PM

i figured he was wrong and i planned on getting a second opinion

jasonmcr 01-16-2008 07:55 PM

did a search couldnt find anything so if anyone else knows let me know!

Epic 01-16-2008 08:00 PM

The Intimidator III spoiler follows the same holes

http://dealershipdesigns.com/montecarlo/monte.html

But They should be able to just fill the hole and paint the lid again, I'd find someone else to do the work because if he's to lazy to that, then why bother giving him your business.

mickey 01-16-2008 08:43 PM

yeah like Epic says LOL
IT was a nice lookin spoiler from wha ti can remeber of it i had a buddy that had one on his car. said he got it off of Ebay. i looked them up once it was not to bad of a price think like 100.0 plus shipping and paint

GrandPaDave 01-16-2008 11:07 PM

The "race inspired" spoiler from the 06-07 Montes should fit right into the holes of the surfboard version of 6th gen Montes.

2 quick4u 01-17-2008 12:01 AM

I have the pictures of each spoiler made for the 2000 to 2007 Monte's but i don't know how to get them uploaded to the forum.. I have tried several times now. If you look for my post on spoilers you will see that there is a difference in part #'s also the holes on 2000 to 2005 upright are the same 2006 to 2007 are different, the holes do not match up. all the surfboards are the same any year.
My daughter works in a Chevy dealership and she printed out the pictures for me..The holes are to close to the lip to fill in because of the double welds and will warp the lip of the trunk lid. and by the time you paint buy the spoiler and have the holes fill you can buy the trunk lid with the spoiler on and just have it painted which is cheaper in the long run. This is with welding the holes and no bondo to crack. every time you shut the trunk lid the vibration will pop the holes that are fill with bondo...for a few months you will be ok after that holes are back...
Just trying to help out and save a bunch of time and money..

GrandPaDave 01-17-2008 12:08 AM

Strange, another member posted that the surf board and race inspired both lined up perfect for him