General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Anyone have these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Default RE: Anyone have these?

Lose sound volume.... that sucks,[:@] i'll rethink this.

The shoe polish thing is an idea, i haven't done it. Just a freinds idea to keep it blacker looking.

I dont think it will hurt it.

Sometimes it the small things and the seal has a grey/ ash color to it... i don't like it.

The other glass rubber trims are excellent shape!.

Today scotchgarded the trunk and interior mats and carpets and a fresh layer of lexol on the leather.

Some more engine bay detailing and i saw an air intake heat sheild on the graphix site ( in the engine covers pics) that i thought would work well. Looked ok too.

The warranty stops a K&N ( i know about the over oiling) but i don't need any hassles from them. I had a K&N in an old modified T/A and i loved it!
Maybe an Airhog.

Coating the calipers is something on the to do list later. Shiny Black.

Keep it simple, very clean and just enjoy it.

Tj

Old 08-14-2005, 01:59 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Lose sound volume.... that sucks,[:@] i'll rethink this.

The shoe polish thing is an idea, i haven't done it.
Yeah, it's not like it goes from 50db to 25db, but the difference is noticeable. Plus, the factory amp performs at it's peak at 2ohms, most, if not all, aftermarket speakers are gonna be 4ohms which is gonna put a load on the amp which will make it work harder to produce the output while decreasing said output at the same time.

If you use shoe polish, I'd suggest putting a coat of protectant over it still. Something like Meguiars NXT protectant.

Old 08-14-2005, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member

[/quote]
If you use shoe polish, I'd suggest putting a coat of protectant over it still. Something like Meguiars NXT protectant.
[/quote]

Good idea Monte Ls. Nice to have these boards to exchange ideas and learn about the car quicker.

I appreciate the heads up on the stereo... sounds like more than i want to get in to at this stage.

Tj

Old 08-14-2005, 02:48 AM

Good idea Monte Ls. Nice to have these boards to exchange ideas and learn about the car quicker.
I appreciate the heads up on the stereo... sounds like more than i want to get in to at this stage.
I try.

Yeah it is nice, the key though is getting good info. This dude on another board had me thinking the guys here were wrong for telling me my front speakers were 5.25", so I went to do the install, and sure enough, they were 5.25"[:@] I got em to fit w/a little ingenuity and creativity, but it pissed me off cause it was far more than I wanted to get into. And he's an installer for Circuit City. That should have been my first clue not to believe him.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member

Just a thought.. could there be a difference between LS & SS?.... i 'm unsure.

I know they make differences in other areas.

I thought mine has 6.5........ maybe it does. After what you told me, i'll probably keep them.

I'm still learning about these cars.

Tj

Old 08-14-2005, 04:57 AM

Just a thought.. could there be a difference between LS & SS?.... i 'm unsure.

I know they make differences in other areas.

I thought mine has 6.5........ maybe it does. After what you told me, i'll probably keep them.

I'm still learning about these cars.

Tj
There are 3 different sound systems available for the Monte, so it seems logical that there would be different size speakers depending on what system you have. But this guy didn't take that into consideration, he just made a blanket statement which I proved was inaccurrate. When I posted pics to prove my point, his response was "I don't care what you have to say" [sm=lame.gif]

Old 08-14-2005, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member

I checked the Airhogs site.. they are oiled to.

Just plain ol' AC Delcos for me.[sm=itsok.gif]

Tj

Old 08-18-2005, 01:53 PM

the site does not show an option for the 04 MC, but the 03's should fit the 04 right? Its the same model number, right? 34 bucks the high, lows, and fogs is really cheap.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: ralphtrent

the site does not show an option for the 04 MC, but the 03's should fit the 04 right? Its the same model number, right? 34 bucks the high, lows, and fogs is really cheap.
The bulbs are the same..... I am almost 99.9999999999999999% sure....

Old 08-18-2005, 03:02 PM

yeah but that 00.0000000000000001% might waste me $35 :-)

Quick Reply: Anyone have these?