General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Anyone have these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Default Anyone have these?

I've seen them on e-bay and some have mentioned having bought some on e-bay... same ones?.

http://www.xenonlightshid.com/

Thanks.

Tj

Old 08-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Default RE: Anyone have these?

Wow, that's pretty lucky that the first person to reply to your post has bought those lights. I bought a while ago, prob like, 5 or 6 months ago, they came in pretty quick and have worked great ever since, I really like them, they are way bright, and have that blue tint that I was goin for. I deffinitely think they are worth it.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks Socal.

You mention a blue color.. is it noticeable?.

I am interested in a white light. I saw a pic of the Zenons in comparison to a stock fog light and the difference looked noticeable.

For the fogs, the site claimed 50 watts on a 27 watt set up. The manufacturer i believe claims 37 watts.

I'm not sure i want 50 watts going thru that set-up as im unsure how it would handle the difference.. if it truely is 50 watts.

Tj

Old 08-13-2005, 12:38 PM

You cant really go wrong with buying blue bulbs. They all do the same thing except some are cheaper then others and wont last as long.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:17 PM

www.luminics.com

their bulbs come with a 1 year free replacement warranty, how can you go wrong?

Old 08-13-2005, 04:57 PM

You cant really go wrong with buying blue bulbs. They all do the same thing except some are cheaper then others and wont last as long.
That's a good point too. and when I say blue, the light itself doesnt look blue, like.... from inside the car, it looks normal, but if you see the car coming at you from far away they look almost blue, I like them.

Old 08-13-2005, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the link, i haven't seen them.

The super whites look interesting and a year warranty is [8D]

Tj

Old 08-14-2005, 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Thanks for the link, i haven't seen them.

The super whites look interesting and a year warranty is [8D]

Tj
No problem. Yeah man, I don't know of another headlight bulb manufacturer that offers the same warranty. And so you can see what the bulbs actually look like lit up, here's some pics for you.

JDM Yellow

Superwhites

UltraViolet (one is stock bulb,can you tell?)

Old 08-14-2005, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks MonteLs.[8D]

Jmo.. the hyper whites look the best. Some what strangely i sorta liked the purple and i didn't think i would have.

But not enough to buy them over the whites.

More than any of the lights on the car, i HATE those anemic looking fog/ driving lights.
Come on Gm... you can do better.

I think i will also get some of those Graphix werks engine cover stickers and some Weather techs after i tint the windows.
Been doing detail work here and there. The moonroofs rubber trim won't stay dark enough for my liking with rubber treatments ( details) I'm wondering if some shoe polish on it will keep it darker.
The Fla sun is BRUTAL.
No hurry.. the SS isn't a daily driver, atleast yet.

No engine mods, The original owners gave me the extended warranty with the car so its covered till its in the early 60's.
I also plan some Memphis speakers as an upgrade.

Tj

Old 08-14-2005, 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

Thanks MonteLs.[8D]

Jmo.. the hyper whites look the best. Some what strangely i sorta liked the purple and i didn't think i would have.

But not enough to buy them over the whites.

More than any of the lights on the car, i HATE those anemic looking fog/ driving lights.
Come on Gm... you can do better.

I think i will also get some of those Graphix werks engine cover stickers and some Weather techs after i tint the windows.
Been doing detail work here and there. The moonroofs rubber trim won't stay dark enough for my liking with rubber treatments ( details) I'm wondering if some shoe polish on it will keep it darker.
The Fla sun is BRUTAL.
No hurry.. the SS isn't a daily driver, atleast yet.

No engine mods, The original owners gave me the extended warranty with the car so its covered till its in the early 60's.
I also plan some Memphis speakers as an upgrade.

Tj
No prob.

I like the ultra violets the best, I gonna get those for my low beams and the yellows for my high beams/drl's.

I think the fogs would look sweet w/the jdm yellow bulbs. I like how low profile they are too, for example, the fogs on a 2001 Intrepid are monstrous, ugh.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using shoe polish on the rubber trim so I'm not sure.

If you run the speakers off the factory amp, be prepared to lose volume. SQ will be better, but overall volume will be reduced, just a heads up.

Quick Reply: Anyone have these?