Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   ~ Monte Feelings ~ ? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/%7E-monte-feelings-%7E-26801/)

Chevy Commando 03-20-2011 02:26 AM

Well I think you are all nuts for liking a piece of machine like that. I mean really it is just a bunch of moving parts. I don't think I could feel the way you feel.

(Sorry but I had to add my sick sense of humor to this post. And now for the truth....Since I am building an engine for my other truck the Monte has sat in the garage collecting dust. All of my family and friends have committed on how dirty the Monte is. "That is the dirtest I have ever seen that car since you have owned it." is what I keep hearing. I tell them that I can't back in out in the driveway to wash and wax it because I have a two ton road block in the way. And if I really didn't like that stupid car, I wouldn't have spend $400 on a performance mod for it in the future. Yea, I just can't keep thinking about what I want to do with it. All of the things that I want to do to it and at what limit I am going to do before I call it quits so I can start trying to pay it off so I can get more serious with the mods. I will admit it is a sickness. I have have caught it and have a very bad case of it. And I have even washed and waxed it and just sit there staring at it thinking....soon I will own the title to it and it will be all mine. As you can tell....I am in the same boat as everyone else....yea I do care deeply for the Monte and I do park out in the south 40 and do all I can to keep it nice)

knightfan26917 04-10-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy Commando (Post 307656)
Well I think you are all nuts for liking a piece of machine like that. I mean really it is just a bunch of moving parts. I don't think I could feel the way you feel.

LOL!

Sadly, I hear this from people ALL THE ... TIME. People just do NOT understand. In my case, as a kid, I wasn't very active (due to the open heart surgeries) and got interested in cars. They were my "escape", since I had very few friends.

*shrugs*

Now ... I have a few more friends, I think. But, most of them still do not understand my love affair with cars. They claim that will keep me single forever.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"I think it's about time you should know" __ Trick Pony __ 'Just What I Do'

Space 04-11-2011 07:12 AM

:rolleyes:..Hi `Cort, it's great to see you online & visiting your Monte Carlo Family....We hope life is going good 4 you & your Monte's...I think I know how you voted on this threads poll :D
Look 4ward again to your future posts. Thanks for all your contributions...EnJoy your `Journey

76MCSS 04-12-2011 10:32 PM

I will never sell my 76, I just got the 88 but Ill hold on to it for a long time but the 76 is mine till death.:D

05MonteLS 04-27-2011 01:15 PM

I love mine too!:D I'm hanging on to mine until the doors fall off.. Sure, she's not perfect, (has electrical fits every now and then, but not possessed:rolleyes:) but she's my baby.:)

03JGMonte 04-27-2011 01:44 PM

I love my monte, even though i sometimes say i wanna sell it & brittany gets mad about it lol but ikn ill nvr sell it ive got wayy too much time invested in it & its still not done

knightfan26917 05-01-2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace (Post 314711)
:rolleyes:..Hi `Cort, it's great to see you online & visiting your Monte Carlo Family....We hope life is going good 4 you & your Monte's...I think I know how you voted on this threads poll :D
Look 4ward again to your future posts. Thanks for all your contributions...EnJoy your `Journey

Hey Space! Thank you ... and you are welcome. :)

Just don't have the time to visit as often as I used to, but I try to stay in touch, nonetheless.... Life is good, except for some additional health issues that have become evident. *shrugs*

And ... I bet you do know how I voted...lol!

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_10.15.11_Volo.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"Shouldn't have to give a reason why" __ Chris Daughtry __ 'No Surprise'

Black06 05-01-2011 12:37 AM

Just purchased my 1st Monte 2 months ago after my 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass SL (purchased new) died and so far its a fantastic car. Ill Miss my Olds for sure but a new love affair has definitely begun!

myfirstbowtie 05-01-2011 09:48 AM

I voted "like". I love the look of my Monte, even if it's not one of the flashiest Montes out there (doesn't have a bright color, no racing stripes or fancy wheels, etc), but sometimes it just seems like a money pit. Definitely not as reliable mechanically as previous cars I've had (2 Toyotas and 2 Hondas). A lot of the problems I've had with it have been covered by warranty, thank God, but now the warranty period is over on my car and I worry about what might break on it next and how much it will cost to fix.

I had the trans fluid changed last month, and now it seems to be leaking. :(