Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/)
-   -   Mod Guide: painting the interior panels (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/painting-interior-panels-28550/)

blackmonte781 05-30-2011 08:48 PM

painting the interior panels

2 Attachment(s)
call me dumb, crazy, stupid, smart whatever lol personally i either just made my monte much better or screwed myself lol. i have a 06 LT with the beige pennals. if youve seen my car i am trying to go with the black and red theme specially because i havnt seen more then a handful of people go to the etremes that im going with and have ideas to do...so i painted the door panels and back seat panels all black. HERES HOW I DID IT AND WHAT I USED!

****if anyone has used the product that i did please tell me disaster stories or success stories...hopefully ill get some good reviews!****

STEP 1: after all the panels were out of the car i cleaned them with a normal dish (clean) sponge and pomolive dish soap with oxy clean degreaser. scrubber really well for about 5 minutes making sure i got every inch.

STEP 2: took a SCOTCHBRITE dibble? bassically a sponge with a corse outside (felt like snake skin) which it scoured the pannels without leaving noticible scratch marks. i did that with the soap as well right after i scrubbed with the normal sponge. with the scothbrite, i scrubbed hard into the panels to make sure i was getting all the dirt and grime off of them.

STEP 3: garden hose the panels thoroughly

STEP 4: Air compressor and air hose dry

STEP 5: ***DUPLICOLOR ADHESION PROMOTER****

STEP 6: **DUPLICOLOR PAINT FOR VYNAL AND FABRIC
(says on the car for dashes door panels ect.)

STEP 7: let dry

STEP 8: enjoy a cold brew! :thumbsup:

so here is what they look like after 3 hours of drying, im letting them dry over night b4 i dare put them back into the car...

MillerMonteSS 05-30-2011 09:00 PM

That doesn't look too bad. I would have removed the red reflector before doing mine though. Did you? It's kind of hard to tell... Good job tackling that job yourself. A lot of people would have been too nervous to try. Looking at your steps, it looks right on! Let us know in the months to come how well it stands the test of time.

lougreen03 05-30-2011 09:05 PM

looks good. came out nice and smooth.

blackmonte781 05-30-2011 09:10 PM

i taped that off...it looks factory if you ask me...im gonna pray it doesnt fade or peel off or else im about 1000 in the whole for new panels lol

zjerry 05-30-2011 09:15 PM

Looks Nice ,:) I used DUPLICOLOR PAINT FOR VINYL AND FABRIC on one panel in my wife's 1978 camaro , Didn't have a problem .:)

blackmonte781 05-30-2011 09:35 PM

thats a little relief lol glad to hear about that! i went to the dealership and it would cost me over 3k or around that for black panels so i said forget about it and dumped mayb 60 bucks and did it myself

milrlyt 05-30-2011 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry (Post 328902)
my wife's 1978 camaro

:eek:

My face when reading that. Nice. I'm very jealous.

Well done on the panels, BTW. Looks just like my factory ones.

zjerry 05-30-2011 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by milrlyt (Post 328932)
:eek:

My face when reading that. Nice. I'm very jealous.

Well done on the panels, BTW. Looks just like my factory ones.

Wish we still had that camaro , you can't keep em all :(

werewolf-odst 05-30-2011 10:32 PM

i love it, better then what i did, i used all types of sparay paint and such, and it was a pain in the A$$!!!! but yours looks real good!

Enzo354 05-31-2011 02:25 AM

Looks great!