Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/)
-   -   Repair Guide: List of Common Monte Carlo Problems and Solutions (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/list-common-monte-carlo-problems-solutions-30154/)

philip12 01-10-2014 12:10 AM

I remember I dont have tail lights and what I did is I find the fuse and check it first, then find and check the headlight relay, and find out the one of these was faulty.

Timmay43 01-19-2014 06:57 PM

My 2001 SS has started giving me problems. It has tremendous power loss through all gears and has a difficult time shifting. I have to let off the accelerator for it to shift. Drove it the past couple day after not driving for 2 weeks. First day was terrible. Now it seems it's getting a little better. What do you suggest?

ChibiBlackSheep 01-20-2014 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Timmay43 (Post 591732)
My 2001 SS has started giving me problems. It has tremendous power loss through all gears and has a difficult time shifting. I have to let off the accelerator for it to shift. Drove it the past couple day after not driving for 2 weeks. First day was terrible. Now it seems it's getting a little better. What do you suggest?

I recommend trying to get the cat tested first. It is a known problem on 2000-2001 cars.

jtc 01-24-2014 11:22 AM

Hi guys I have a 2005 monte carlo 3.4L and I have a starting problem. last I tried to crank it and it cranked slowly as if the battery was dying, after it warmed up I drove off to run errands, but when I returned to car won't start, so I got a boost off and after a few tries, It started and I drove off. the next couple of days it was running fine until this past sunday when I may a stop on the way home. It didn't start, tried a boost off but didn't work. so I got a tow home. when I tried to start it for the tow truck driver he said the starter may be bad so I removed to battery and starter and went to autozone and purchased a new battery, they tested the starter and said it was good, so I kept the starter and installed the battery and my old starter but still a no-go, I purchased a memoscanu480 code reader to check for codes and there are none available. while the key is in the ON position all of the dash lights come on the fuel hand moves, the seat belt light flashes, u can hear the fuel pump, but the check engine light stays on, and SECURITY, a symbol of the battery, and change engine oil flashes in that order. Are there any sensors I can check with a volt ohm meter? I read the previous posts and tried to start with the MAF disconnected and with the car in neutral and still a no-go. thanks

owens91 01-24-2014 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by jtc (Post 592730)
Hi guys I have a 2005 monte carlo 3.4L and I have a starting problem. last I tried to crank it and it cranked slowly as if the battery was dying, after it warmed up I drove off to run errands, but when I returned to car won't start, so I got a boost off and after a few tries, It started and I drove off. the next couple of days it was running fine until this past sunday when I may a stop on the way home. It didn't start, tried a boost off but didn't work. so I got a tow home. when I tried to start it for the tow truck driver he said the starter may be bad so I removed to battery and starter and went to autozone and purchased a new battery, they tested the starter and said it was good, so I kept the starter and installed the battery and my old starter but still a no-go, I purchased a memoscanu480 code reader to check for codes and there are none available. while the key is in the ON position all of the dash lights come on the fuel hand moves, the seat belt light flashes, u can hear the fuel pump, but the check engine light stays on, and SECURITY, a symbol of the battery, and change engine oil flashes in that order. Are there any sensors I can check with a volt ohm meter? I read the previous posts and tried to start with the MAF disconnected and with the car in neutral and still a no-go. thanks

what may be happening is that the starter can bench test good but actually not be cranking strong enough when installed i would possibly just replace the starter, and also test the altenator as well

Carlo2003 02-06-2014 02:37 AM

Can anyone send me the list for common tranny problems? I believe mine is starting to develop these as it shifts really hard from each gear when the car has been running for a while usually after driving it for an hour it will start to do this or while it is really hot outside. I have been told it could be the solenoids but not really sure if that is the culprit or not

ChibiBlackSheep 02-06-2014 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Carlo2003 (Post 595376)
Can anyone send me the list for common tranny problems? I believe mine is starting to develop these as it shifts really hard from each gear when the car has been running for a while usually after driving it for an hour it will start to do this or while it is really hot outside. I have been told it could be the solenoids but not really sure if that is the culprit or not

Check out this link: 4T65E Common Problems

JohnLovesTrees 03-19-2014 02:09 PM

Power Issue HELP

I'm having a power problem, i'm not sure what it is. I'll drive and my car will just shut off as if the battery died, randomly, no backfiring, i already changed my vacuum hose, it was cracked and made the car backfire and die like i said. Now that issue is solved and i'm having the problem again. Its not a heating problem i changed my coolant elbows, water pump, a/c hoses and radiator hoses. Not a battery issue, its fairly new. A friend told me maybe a fuel pump problem but im not sure. Alternator still works fine. PLEASE HELP i've been wanting to figure this out, my intake is also leaking a small amount of oil (cracked) looking for a good site to get one for a good price.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-19-2014 02:26 PM

Does it happen while driving, or while stopped (like at a stop sign, or a red light).

Pop your hood with the car running and lightly tap on the MAF sensor, if it hesitates it might be the MAF starting to go.

Her_Red_SS 03-20-2014 08:49 AM

Does anyone have Problems with " check tire monitoring System" light coming on? Brought it to the Dealer and had them do Tires & Reset, and was off for about 24 hrs , Went in the Car the next day and it was back on..

Its an 06 SS , thanks :)