FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Mod Guide: How to Install SS GFX High Sport Trim OEM Ground Effects

Old 10-22-2015, 09:50 AM

I feel the rear is going to be pretty hard, where did you get your spring clips and rivets?

Old 10-23-2015, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I didn't have a template. I used white rope. Also can use a rope/heavy twin/spare electrical wire).
  • Lay rope down on top of GFX edge above tabs
  • mark rope with a marker for the width of the each tab
  • be sure to also mark the center/nose on the rope
  • once rope is completely marked..... tape the rope to your car's bumper (per your center mark) just below the feature line where you will be drilling the holes. Transfer the tab marks from the rope to the car bumper by marking in the feature line.
  • remove rope and drill away per the picture instructions I posted earlier in this thread
Keep in mind that if you drill holes/slot to wide it won't make a difference. You want to keep the height of the holes/slot in check cause this will cause sagging of the trim or you will see the hole once the trim is on. Keep the holes/slot in the feature line.

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 10-23-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:29 PM

How many of the metal plates are needed between front & rear. I'm having my shop redo mine since they remounted my rear affect without them after I was rear ended & t
when they cut out for the tab ps rear bumper they cut too low so you see the slot the tab goes into
Do you / can you share a copy of templates ???? I'll pay for them.
My body shop obvious needs them before they ruin bumper # 2
Thank you!!!!

Old 09-03-2016, 07:14 AM

How many of the metal plates are needed . I'm having my shop redo mine since they remounted my rear affect without them after I was rear ended & to boot
when they cut out for the tab ps rear bumper they cut too low so you see the slot the tab goes into.you did an awesome job!!!
I emailed this link to my Bodyshop so they don't jack up again.
Thank you!!!!