Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/)
-   -   Repair Guide: Change the HeadLight Bulbs (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/change-headlight-bulbs-946/)

ralphtrent 10-04-2005 11:54 AM

Change the HeadLight Bulbs

I used Sylvania Silver Star Bulbs : Purchased at WalMart $38 for a set (total cost $76)
High Beam 9005ST
Low Beam 9006ST

READ DIRECTIONS FULLY BEFORE YOU START
NEVER TOUCH A HALOGEN BULB WITH YOUR HAND, THE BODY OIL CAN DAMAGE THE BULB, USE A PAPER TOWEL

Step 1: Pop the hood
Step 2: On the driver side, to far right and rear of the head lamp, there is a white plate that locks the headlamp into place, just pull it up.
Step 3: The same plate is on the left of the headlamp. I could not get the black piece off that was covering the plate, so I used a long screw driver to pry it off.
Step 4: Pull the headlight casing out
Step 5: Pull off the weather proof cup from behind the low beam
Step 6: Reach in a turn the light bulb (I believe counter clock wise)
Step 7: Unlock the bulb from its wiring hardness, but lift up on the clasp
Step 8: With a paper towel, pull the light bulb out of the socket
Step 9: With a paper towel, put the new light bulb in and make sure it locks to the wiring harness.
Step 10: Put the weatherproof cup back on
Step 11: Replace high beams same way if needed
Step 12: Put fixture back into place
Step 13: Replace the white plates on the right and left sides to lock the fixture in
Here is a tip, if you can not put the left side on due to some black pate that is in the way, get under the car and put the plate on upside down, just follow the radiator all the way up.

Step 14: Test bulbs
Step 15: repeat steps for passenger side. NOTE: This side is a little tight and the fixture will not come out as much as the driver side did, DO NOT PULL OUT MORE THEN ALLOWED

96_z34 10-04-2005 05:49 PM

RE: Change the HeadLight Bulbs

that sounds good, do you have any night pics of the bulbs once there in? i want to change mine to kinda of an HID look. but i'm not sure what to get

montejass 10-04-2005 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 96_z34

that sounds good, do you have any night pics of the bulbs once there in? i want to change mine to kinda of an HID look. but i'm not sure what to get
Unless your ready to spend some $$$$$ HID's are way too expensive. Silver Stars are pretty nice, I have them on mine and they work out great. Much brighter/whiter than stock.

04MonteLS 10-04-2005 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

ORIGINAL: 96_z34

Unless your ready to spend some $$$$$ HID's are way too expensive. Silver Stars are pretty nice, I have them on mine and they work out great. Much brighter/whiter than stock.
While I'm sure he'd love HID's, he's wanting a HID looking bulb. My opinion is Luminics Ultra Violet

03SSdriver 11-21-2005 12:37 AM

Installed the silverstars... don't hesitate.

First drive and i love them.

Tj

montejass 11-21-2005 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: budweiser2983

i purchased my bulbs from here...more than one set at that... i recommend!

www.eurodezigns.com

theres a couple pics on my site - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2069058
Yeah, I thought so to, but Eurodezigns suck........... I purchased highs/lows/fogs twice thinking I just got a bad set the first set but they both lasted less than a year. They do offer a warranty but you have to pay like $6.00 per set for shipping/handling. Save yourself grief and get a set of Luminics or Silverstars..

montejass 11-21-2005 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: budweiser2983

umm.... how bout no. if any of em suck it would be silverstars. they only last more than a year because they arent ne different than a regular halogen bulb...not to mention way over priced. and there is no "bad set." a true HID bulb does not last a year... so dont complain. jus stick to your sorry silverstar bull. im looked at luminetics...as they were 25 bucks as well. never tried em .... so take ur pick..................

Are you under the impression that Eurodezigns are HID bulbs?

The Eurodezigns bulb IMO had a better blue look but were no where close to the intensity of SilveStars or Luminics. I have Luminics lows/fogs and Silverstar highs. I've had this set running for five months now, time will tell I guess... True HID bulbs are rated to last 2K-3K hours.

03SSdriver 11-21-2005 07:14 PM

Ya know man.. no need for the tude.

You don't like the silverstars.... fine. But don't get mouthy.

I think Budweiser sucks!!!.

How do they get the mules to pee in the cans & bottles?.

Your allowed your opinion, but don't slam those that like something.. was your money spent to buy the silverstars for our cars?

No.. it wasn't.

This place is meant to be fun, and share info. 95 percent of the time i let this crap slide, but everyone has days were they don't.

If you want to contribute and share info.. cool.

If not, you might find moderators showing you the door.

Tj

Boost 11-21-2005 09:00 PM

im just going to lock the topic. Its getting a little outta hand. i will post the bulb replacement as a new topic, lock it, and keep it at the top of the DIY Forum so other members can be helped by it.

dmayesing 09-26-2010 12:25 AM

thats good stuff