Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbo monte current build has been demodded.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 11:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is the head gasket that decided to move into another zipcode anyway lol

And a teaser video showing how strong she pulled at only 3/4 throttle and 21psi. This thing is a complete monster! Lol

I forgot to answer the question of if I have any other plans and did I achieve the record. So answers...... Only other plans are rebuilding it with better gaskets. Also port matching the Holden intake to the heads and blocking the factory pcv. (Both of these things previous shop was suppose to do and I found out it wasn't when I tore it down)

Once that is done I am going to up the meth turn on from 5psi to 10psi because it's coming on so early and hard it floods the engine at low boost with 2 nozzels. Doing this is as simple as adjusting a screw.

Once all this is done I'll mount sicks and go to the track. After I get my times and im done at the track I'll pull the trans, have it freshened up and have the torque converter tightened up to eliminate some of the slip it has and then enjoy it on the street.

I have met the non shop owner or sponsored fwd 3800 4t65e record with pump fuel, e85, and race fuel to my knowledge. There is one guy with a 5 speed swap fwd 3800 that made 718whp but he didn't have power loss in the converter so once that's taken into consideration if my car was a 5 speed I would of also made around 715whp so me and him are basically at a tie. I will hold this title high and proud, it's been years and years and I have finally accomplished a major milestone and goal!

Now that the car is basically done and won't be pushing any more power I will keep her in top shape and enjoy it, I have no intentions on moving on since I met my goal, it's time to enjoy my creation that took almost 10 years to accomplish. The only way I will move on is if I break my gmr transmission parts. Since they are not replaceable that would force me into a part out and to move on, but let's not think or even talk about that

Attached Thumbnails Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-img_20170715_081242747_hdr.jpg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-img_20170715_081254491_hdr.jpg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-img_20170715_081305538_hdr.jpg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-img_20170715_081313389_hdr.jpg  
Old 07-18-2017, 10:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Incredible Dude! I am glad you met your goal!

Old 07-18-2017, 06:21 PM

HOLY-CRAP!!!!! Magnificent work!!!

I read the first post (haven't been on in a long time) and got really sad, then read a few posts below..hahahah

That thing is insane!!! Curious, why is the guy spraying the tire in the previous video?

Last edited by Mac7504; 07-18-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member

He was spraying the tires with vht because it was spinning on the Dyno without it lol

Old 07-19-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Once that is done I am going to up the meth turn on from 5psi to 10psi because it's coming on so early and hard it floods the engine at low boost with 2 nozzels. Doing this is as simple as adjusting a screw.
No progressive controller on the meth? I love the alkycontrol progressive on the vette and it would make it easy to soften the hit and roll it in nice and easy.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member

No I don't have a progressive controller. He said if I have it spray at 10psi I would be fine though.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:22 AM

Well, if you ever change your mind, here's the one I use:

https://www.alkycontrol.com/product-page/alkycontrol-methanol-injection-hi-current-progress

It's definitely nice to have it fade in rather than just a sudden spike, especially on two big nozzles.

One other thing to keep in mind if you're really spraying a lot is to be careful with distribution between cylinders. We've had a few people try and document this on the c6 platform and they had some pretty big front to back deltas with the typical 2 nozzle in the intake pipe setup. Just something to keep an eye on with your new manifold setup.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 07-20-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
He was spraying the tires with vht because it was spinning on the Dyno without it lol
Oh wow! Sick!

Old 08-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dang John thought I would check in on your progress and you are done. What a wonderful conclusion to all of your herculean efforts. You took the hiccups in stride as there tend to always be a few. But boy, I'm so proud of you, what you have ended up with in nothing less than truly amazing. Has to be the baddest 6th gen. ever built. I agree with you in that there is really no where else to go from your pinnacle. Now you can breath easier and really enjoy your Monte's unique abilities, say perhaps when you want to drop a few jaws on a Friday night.

Can't believe you even had CarTuning do their magic, but you said that is where you were taking your Monte to, you do back up your mouth, very nice! But wow, 10 hours on the dyno. Epic, sounds like your tuner was not to be denied, you all knuckled under and fixed any glitches that manifested themselves.

Your final numbers are off the charts for a pump fuel, boosted 3800. How does your Monte handle for you, crazy and alive and exciting to drive? Would love to ride with you sometime, it would be one to remember...

Congrats on your W-Body awards, Jheesh you cleaned house that time out. Your Monte deserved it, air ride suspension, Holden intake and a crazy power house. Nice to see the W body community honor your efforts with the recognition you deserved.

Your the MAN!! Will be interesting how a track day plays out for you. Take care, very best regards!!

Old 08-05-2017, 10:15 AM
10 Year Member

Thanks Greg, I just reinstalled the heads last night. Will do my final torque pass this evening. Upon further inspection of the head gasket failure the head gasket never failed do to cylinder pressure..... The shop never plugged the pcv valve like I told them had to be done. With them not doing that the pcv failed under big boost and pressurized the crank case. This blew the coolant passages in the gasket and not the cylinders. If they would of did what I told them to do the engine may of still been together.

So I pulled off the turbo stuff, upon inspection of the turbo piping the cross over had 6 pin holes in the welds and one weld for the wastegate was cracked.... Had that repaired and picked it up yesterday as well.

Next step is reinstalling hot side of turbo and clearancing the downpipe better because it's rubbing. Then ceramic coating and Powdercoating since it's all off then finish putting it back together.

Hopefully I make the track this fall

Btw just got a lead on a triple disc precision converter that I can safely run locked...... When I get to looking into the converter slip issue I will probably go this route with a converter being able to run a locked converter will gain me a solid 50-60whp alone!