Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Top Swappers/Turbo guys I have a question (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/top-swappers-turbo-guys-i-have-question-41040/)

PacerSS 01-22-2013 09:23 PM

Top Swappers/Turbo guys I have a question

When you heavy accelerate or got WOT, does your TRAC OFF light pop on? I am getting this constantly, my guess is the BCM gets the signals from the VSS and hub sensors and thinks the car is accelerating faster than capable and defaults to some sort of limp mode shutting off the traction system. I always get this and no matter if I try to manually push the button or whatever it won't shut off until I restart the car. Anyone else have this issue?

Yellowjacket 01-24-2013 11:01 AM

I have only had that happen if I get stuck in the snow which sucks cause then tires just spin lol. Other than that it never happens

ZIPPY02 01-24-2013 11:08 AM

My traction mode is always off. We installed a module to shut it off upon starting the engine.

Bought it from ZZP: Here is their description below:

The Auto Off Traction Control System (TCS) Module is specifically designed to allow newer GM vehicles equipped with Traction Control System to start up with the TCS Off rather than in the OEM default On mode. For many automotive enthusiasts, needing to press the traction control button each time the vehicle is started in order to have the traction control system Off can be a real nuisance. For those who take their cars to the ¼ mile track, forgetting to turn the TCS off on the line or when at the burn out box can both waste time and lead to a poor performance run. Having the vehicle always starting with the TCS Off can eliminate one more thing to be concerned about when staging for a pass.

Developing an interface module to turn the TCS off while not disabling it entirely is not straight forward. With the research, development and applying some innovation, Easy Performance was able to create an interface module that not only has the TCS start up in a default Off mode, but also retains the OEM function of the TCS button. This means after the vehicle is started and the TCS is in the Off mode, the driver can press the TCS button to cycle the TCS On and Off as normal.

LINK BELOW:
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...CS-Module.aspx

MillerMonteSS 01-24-2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 523016)
My traction mode is always off. We installed a module to shut it off upon starting the engine.

Bought it from ZZP: Here is their description below:

The Auto Off Traction Control System (TCS) Module is specifically designed to allow newer GM vehicles equipped with Traction Control System to start up with the TCS Off rather than in the OEM default On mode. For many automotive enthusiasts, needing to press the traction control button each time the vehicle is started in order to have the traction control system Off can be a real nuisance. For those who take their cars to the ¼ mile track, forgetting to turn the TCS off on the line or when at the burn out box can both waste time and lead to a poor performance run. Having the vehicle always starting with the TCS Off can eliminate one more thing to be concerned about when staging for a pass.

Developing an interface module to turn the TCS off while not disabling it entirely is not straight forward. With the research, development and applying some innovation, Easy Performance was able to create an interface module that not only has the TCS start up in a default Off mode, but also retains the OEM function of the TCS button. This means after the vehicle is started and the TCS is in the Off mode, the driver can press the TCS button to cycle the TCS On and Off as normal.

I had no clue that this existed... I want it bad. Only $35 too!!! Thanks!

OP: Mine only pops on when my wheels slip. (often)

PacerSS 01-24-2013 03:51 PM

I'm not sure if you guys are mistaking me for saying my traction control comes on. What I mean is when I punch it, wheelspin or not, the TRAC OFF light comes on as if I hit the button manually and stays on until I restart the car.

turbo monte 01-24-2013 04:17 PM

this is normal, when you add a lot of power to these cars and the trac control recognizes the extra power it will manually turn off so there is no harm done to the trac system. turbo monte does this all the time since i installed the turbo kit.