Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Need help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/need-help-59281/)

Seggers97 01-20-2018 05:25 PM

Need help

I知 looking to get close to 400hp need recommendations I drive a 2001 monte ss 3.8. I知 looking into getting a turbo setup also need to look into the Tran build too.

Seggers97 01-20-2018 06:36 PM

Money honestly not to worried

ZIPPY02 01-20-2018 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Seggers97 (Post 708731)
Also needing help on what to buy for suspension i want to bag it

This member has just what you are looking for. His is the only bagged Monte that I know of. Look over this list of his parts. His transmission is to die for, the only one you will ever find available like his build. Limited Slip Differential and all the bells and whistles.

See link below... You can private message him. This is a you snooze or you lose situation. He has what you need...

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pr...art-out-58986/

Seggers97 01-20-2018 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Seggers97 (Post 708731)
Money honestly not to worried

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 708732)
This member has just what you are looking for. His is the only bagged Monte that I know of. Look over this list of his parts. His transmission is to die for, the only one you will ever find available like his build. Limited Slip Differential and all the bells and whistles.

See link below... You can private message him. This is a you snooze or you lose situation. He has what you need...

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pr...art-out-58986/

Thank you I was looking at that only guy I was really able to find with a bagged Monte one of my favorite montes too

bumpin96monte 01-20-2018 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Seggers97 (Post 708726)
I知 looking to get close to 400hp need recommendations I drive a 2001 monte ss 3.8. I知 looking into getting a turbo setup also need to look into the Tran build too.

​​​​​​The two big players for a turbo kit right now are ZZPerformance and Cartuning. ZZP has more options for kits. Are you looking for 400 crank hp or 400 whp? There is a pretty big power difference between the two. A decent size turbo will let you hit either with supporting mods.

As for a trans, Id reccomend contacting Triple Edge Performance, although ZZP does offer parts as well.

​​​​​

bumpin96monte 01-20-2018 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 708732)
This member has just what you are looking for.

For full disclosure though, there are a couple issues the OP should know about first-

1- Last I heard the car was broken and he was tired of fixing issues. It's probably not a huge deal if you're good at wrenching and thoroughly understand what's wrong before you buy it. Id personally be a bit nervous about buying something (especially for that much money) that you cant hear run and drive. A quote from the FS thread:

The bad:
Blew the top intake hat off and broke it. I have sources to get a replacement from Australia so it's no big deal there. I have had enough with the issues on this car and tired of fixing it.
2- the Turbomonte is a good bit different than what the OP is looking for. He's shooting for 400 hp, and the turbomonte is an extremely heavily modified 650+ whp monster on drag radials. Even if the OP is looking at 400 whp, that's still a pretty simple turbo setup that would be a lot more reliable than something as heavily modified as the turbomonte. A lot of 3800 people have bailed out of the game altogether at 600+ between trying to get it to actually hook up and keeping it in one piece.

Not trying to talk bad about the turbomonte, but just want to make sure the OP understands what he's getting into first.

Seggers97 01-20-2018 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte (Post 708734)
​​​​​​The two big players for a turbo kit right now are ZZPerformance and Cartuning. ZZP has more options for kits. Are you looking for 400 crank hp or 400 whp? There is a pretty big power difference between the two. A decent size turbo will let you hit either with supporting mods.

As for a trans, Id reccomend contacting Triple Edge Performance, although ZZP does offer parts as well.

​​​​​

400 whp is what I知 looking for at the moment . Any recommendations for which turbo kit is best I知 just look for the 400whp soon but eventually im going to go for more whp. As for supporting mods I was looking into meth injection, cams, rockers valve springs

Seggers97 01-20-2018 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte (Post 708735)
For full disclosure though, there are a couple issues the OP should know about first-

1- Last I heard the car was broken and he was tired of fixing issues. It's probably not a huge deal if you're good at wrenching and thoroughly understand what's wrong before you buy it. Id personally be a bit nervous about buying something (especially for that much money) that you cant hear run and drive. A quote from the FS thread:

2- the Turbomonte is a good bit different than what the OP is looking for. He's shooting for 400 hp, and the turbomonte is an extremely heavily modified 650+ whp monster on drag radials. Even if the OP is looking at 400 whp, that's still a pretty simple turbo setup that would be a lot more reliable than something as heavily modified as the turbomonte. A lot of 3800 people have bailed out of the game altogether at 600+ between trying to get it to actually hook up and keeping it in one piece.

Not trying to talk bad about the turbomonte, but just want to make sure the OP understands what he's getting into first.

I was more looking into just the air suspension from him even though 600 whp would be fun but just currently don稚 have the time to do everything for that

bumpin96monte 01-21-2018 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Seggers97 (Post 708739)
400 whp is what I知 looking for at the moment . Any recommendations for which turbo kit is best I知 just look for the 400whp soon but eventually im going to go for more whp. As for supporting mods I was looking into meth injection, cams, rockers valve springs

IMO either ZZP or Cartuning would be fine. Neither are a cheap / garbage kit and either could hit your goals. Both have lots of kits out there with no issues. I also don't see any reason to go with the Stattama kit from ZZP at 400 whp. The z3/z7 6262 turbo is plenty big enough for 400 whp. I'd probably personally go Z7, but I wouldn't say it's a requirement. I would definitely get the intercooled kit though.

I wouldn't think you'd need to touch the cam or rockers for 400 either, although a cam certainly woudnt hurt. I'd shoot for changing as few things as needed to get the power you want to keep it as reliable as possible. Meth is definitely a good idea though. You can squeeze a good bit more power out of it with the higher octane.

Seggers97 01-21-2018 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte (Post 708757)
IMO either ZZP or Cartuning would be fine. Neither are a cheap / garbage kit and either could hit your goals. Both have lots of kits out there with no issues. I also don't see any reason to go with the Stattama kit from ZZP at 400 whp. The z3/z7 6262 turbo is plenty big enough for 400 whp. I'd probably personally go Z7, but I wouldn't say it's a requirement. I would definitely get the intercooled kit though.

I wouldn't think you'd need to touch the cam or rockers for 400 either, although a cam certainly woudnt hurt. I'd shoot for changing as few things as needed to get the power you want to keep it as reliable as possible. Meth is definitely a good idea though. You can squeeze a good bit more power out of it with the higher octane.

Thanks is one you recommend caus I know later I知 going to want to go more then 400whp like is one of the kits better for that.