Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Helppppp i need help badly (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/helppppp-i-need-help-badly-38932/)

Dam20735 09-18-2012 08:11 AM

Helppppp i need help badly

1 Attachment(s)
I was wondering could you help me I trying to figure out how should the 8 bolts be tighten I which everything out so that I could use a double timing chain an now when I tighten the 8 bolts down the pistons won't turn anymore what do i do?????

STUMPMI 09-18-2012 08:16 AM

depending on what motor that is:

Theres a specific torque sequence, as well as a certain amount of torque for each bolt...

Are you useing a torque wrench???
Did you put them in? the correct order?...

is that rebuild? a class project?

Without the correct information...its nearly impossible to tell you the info you need to resolve this problem....

Dam20735 09-18-2012 08:23 AM

Rebuilt with a double timing Chain a new cam an lifters was installed so I took the whole rotating part out an switched it with the double I have a torque wrech an yes I put them in order how they was numbered an it's a 3800 supercharged motor

STUMPMI 09-18-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dam20735 (Post 495435)
Rebuilt with a double timing Chain a new cam an lifters was installed so I took the whole rotating part out an switched it with the double I have a torque wrech an yes I put them in order how they was numbered an it's a 3800 supercharged motor

So whats the Torque spec:

For the rods and bearings?

Did you put in new bearings?

Is it the correct timing chain and gears?
the "rotateing" part your speaking of.......what is it? u lost me...:rolleyes:

did u try to switch it from a timing belt to a timing chain? Is that even possible?
are you talking about the rods?
or the main bearings? or both?

Dam20735 09-18-2012 08:37 AM

Yes the torque specs an no timing chain to timing chain single to double everything is right its just I think I'm tighting them to tight so when I loosing all the bolts it's turns fine an when I tighting them all it stops turning

STUMPMI 09-18-2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dam20735 (Post 495440)
Yes the torque specs an no timing chain to timing chain single to double everything is right its just I think I'm tighting them to tight so when I loosing all the bolts it's turns fine an when I tighting them all it stops turning

So....what are the torque specs????.... inch lbs? or foot lbs...

Do you know why there are torque specs?.....

Im thinking you over tightend the bolts and crushed the bearings...

Which means...you need to replace the bearings with new ones....
and tighten them to the "PROPER" torque specs...
In order for the crank ,rods and pistons, to allow the motor to run properly...

Maybe someone else will chime in with a better way for you to understand....the "fix"...