Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   GMPP Torsen LSD Arrived today.......... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/gmpp-torsen-lsd-arrived-today-27225/)

ZIPPY02 04-01-2011 06:08 PM

GMPP Torsen LSD Arrived today..........

Well no turning back now. The New GMPP Torsen LSD is here and will install on Monday. Hopefully this will have proved to be a prudent investment, in that I will be able to hook up significantly better now. The Intense LSD did it's job now time to retire it ( Broke it) and move on up to this Gear driven LSD........

Just a couple shots of this differential before it goes in.

Milhouse 04-01-2011 07:32 PM

I seen a video of yours on youtube, I think I creamed my pants the first time you blipped the throttle with the exhaust cutout open. I did not expect all that noise to come out. That thing is a beast!!!

ZIPPY02 04-01-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Milhouse (Post 311932)
I seen a video of yours on youtube, I think I creamed my pants the first time you blipped the throttle with the exhaust cutout open. I did not expect all that noise to come out. That thing is a beast!!!

Your to kind with your words. I tried to build a car that can take on the GT500's, Vettes, STI's,Evo's,SRT8's and such to represent us Monte types out there as we are usually easy picking to them.. Cant seem to get it past 12:36 1/4 mile. Perhaps it's the altitude here in Salt Lake City. Seemed to run like a raped ape in Vegas last year. Going to put it on the 1/4 track at Super Chevy Las Vegas later this month hoping to get into the high 11's. We just finished reworking the fuel system and hopefully we will see the top end performance enhanced. Will get a video of all this for sure.

I have more video's of the Monte but can not ever get them uploaded. Keeps saying the wrong format. Bought all this software to convert the format and no luck. Then had a neighbor try, but he is a MAC guy and could not figure things out. So I'm sitting on about 2 seasons of the car at the track, street racing and such. Just disappointing not to be able to get it uploaded. Going to just get some cheap Camcorder like a Flip that loads up to You Tube easy for this season. I get alot of people asking for more video's and I'm just sitting on them. GRRR!!!!!

ChibiBlackSheep 04-02-2011 08:03 AM

How much weight reduction have you done inside the cabin??

ZIPPY02 04-02-2011 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 312044)
How much weight reduction have you done inside the cabin??

I actually dont believe there is any weight reduction at all. I mean we swapped out factory seats for lighter race, removed back seat, removed carpet. est. 225 pounds removed.

Yet we installed Dynamat, Roll cage, new carpet kit, new audio system.
So we added we estimate 350 pounds. So when you add and subtract everything I added about 125 pounds to the gross weight. I figured the car is not going to actually be much faster at all by leaving out the carpet kit, audio system that I had sitting around for 2.5 years. So just had that all put in this past winter. Sometimes you just have to say "What the hell" and say it's good enough, and finish the car. It's still very fast. Out last night and ran against a Caddy CTS 6.2 liter and spanked him it was a good run, he had 3 people in his car, a pretty built 96 Camaro Z28 and he said I pulled on him like a rocket as I spanked him good to. And that was with my car only having 1 wheel for traction as the new LSD is not yet in.

ChibiBlackSheep 04-02-2011 12:51 PM

Not bad, I was just wondering what kind of reduction you have done because when you get that built up, what else is there to do haha