Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Gas milage (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/gas-milage-642/)

04MonteLS 07-19-2005 12:55 AM

RE: Gas milage

ORIGINAL: Ca$$e

I hope you werent serious about swapping a civic motor into a monte b/c that is shame to the Monte Carlo.
A civic motor, yeah, but a 2.2L Prelude motor would be an upgrade for me, although im not sure what it's torque rating is. But in stock trim, the H22 puts out 200hp, and it's a 2.2L 4 banger!!!

04MonteLS 07-19-2005 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass

I'd be suprized if the Civic motor could even get our Monte's up a hill. lol
No kidding!

I'm waiting for someone to do a S2000 conversion on the Monte, that'd be sick! A 4cyl, 240hp RWD, all motor driving machine!!!

syclonefast 07-20-2005 01:29 PM

your right that would be sick[:'(]

04MonteLS 07-21-2005 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: syclonefast

here we go *sigh*

Yeah, I could understand why having a 6th gen Monte, RWD, 240hp ALL MOTOR, would be sickening*sarcastic*

montejass 07-21-2005 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

here we go *sigh*

Yeah, I could understand why having a 6th gen Monte, RWD, 240hp ALL MOTOR, would be sickening*sarcastic*
Even @ 240 RWD I would still want to lighten the load on the Monte. I wonder what the difference would be if you were to configure the Monte into a 240HP RWD platform vs the SC 240HP FWD? Would it handle better? More to the wheel power?

04MonteLS 07-22-2005 03:15 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

here we go *sigh*

Even @ 240 RWD I would still want to lighten the load on the Monte. I wonder what the difference would be if you were to configure the Monte into a 240HP RWD platform vs the SC 240HP FWD? Would it handle better? More to the wheel power?

true, the Monte does need to go on slimfast, well, so do I but that's another story.

I don't know about the questions you asked, but I'd take the all motor power any day over the same FI powerplant. Then I'd slap a Jackson Racing supercharger on it and blow the doors off the Supercharged SS........with only 4 cylinders!!!!!!!!!

montejass 07-22-2005 10:36 AM

I'ts amazing to see the power they are getting out of small motors these days. Hey, have you checked out the 06 Eclips?

I stopped by Mitsubishi yesterday to check it out. I did not have time to test drive it, but from the outside it looks like an interesting ride.

04MonteLS 07-22-2005 11:58 PM

I'ts amazing to see the power they are getting out of small motors these days. Hey, have you checked out the 06 Eclips?

I stopped by Mitsubishi yesterday to check it out. I did not have time to test drive it, but from the outside it looks like an interesting ride.

Nah, I haven't payed it much attention, although the styling is eye catching. I still want to drive a Lancer EVO VIII, those things are sick! They never did much for me as far as looks go, but after sitting in my buddies and me, him and a couple other buddies getting brave and flying around on the freeway I have come to appreciate that piece of machinery.

Moffer 07-26-2005 05:33 AM

ok.... u guys managed to turn a talk about better gas milage in my monte into supercharging and swapping in a h22. I think im gonna just ditch the monte cause terrible gas milage in a slow, heavy FWD car is tiring. I might just go with the car i was trying to get in the past: a 240sx s13!

04MonteLS 07-27-2005 04:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Moffer

ok.... u guys managed to turn a talk about better gas milage in my monte into supercharging and swapping in a h22. I think im gonna just ditch the monte cause terrible gas milage in a slow, heavy FWD car is tiring. I might just go with the car i was trying to get in the past: a 240sx s13!
Good idea! Cause looking for 7-9 more mpg is reaching a bit wouldn't ya say?