Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   crank sensor maybe ? need help bad thanks (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/crank-sensor-maybe-need-help-bad-thanks-19150/)

nate44304 03-05-2010 12:19 AM

crank sensor maybe ? need help bad thanks

ok so my monte carlo"s engine light has been on for a while now. but the other day my girl pulled out the drive way and the car just stubled and stalled . so i toke it out and it does it starts to stuble and stall in less you play with the gas peddle or just punch it full throttle . then it will go a block or two and do the same thing. some times it just stalls. this is at low speeds. i dont want to try the high way being i dont have tripple a to tow it back and very low on founds atm.

any help would be great i dont have the tool to scan the light but my buddy has a spare engine for parts what all should i cheack first the car has 160k on it its also a 1995

also the car will start and idel just fine

nate44304 03-09-2010 02:29 PM

ok so i checked and the crank sensor was not even plugged in im guessing i was driving like this for a while now so i plugged it back in and still same thing

starts right up idle is fine for a few mins then shudders and will stall in less i play with the gas peddle i can only drive a few feet then it will stall or have to play with the gas peddle

also i have to hit the gas peddle to get it to start back up

any help with this would be great the check engine light is not coming on anymore so i cant read the code my buddy has an 1800$ scanner and is coming over tomorrow but with no code i dont think he will be able to do anything

bumpin96monte 03-09-2010 02:48 PM

Just because the light isn't on doesn't mean there isn't a stored code. Also, he'll be able to pull up the code history to see if the last one was crank sensor performance.

Your buddy should be able to tell you exactly what the problem is by just monitoring the engine sensors with the car running. That would be a lot better than any of us guessing at it.

nate44304 03-09-2010 04:42 PM

ok if not ill post agine tomarrow i just read that there are two crank sensors and that my egr valve might be bad also some one told me my fuel filter so thats all easy stuff to do im just hoping it is something simple

also i listened to the fuel pump i when my car was dyeing i noticed the pump was making a wierd noise so i think thats just from lack of the battery charging and the car dying at the same time

bumpin96monte 03-09-2010 05:55 PM

If you guys can't figure it out- make sure he does a scan of all the major sensors before he leaves with his scan tool so you can post up the results- so we can help if needed. Without scan data, we're shooting in the dark- especially if you've got random stuff unplugged.

threejaws 03-16-2010 07:21 AM

The port going to your egr valve could be carboned up, or your cam sensor could be going bad.

RedZed 03-21-2010 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by nate44304 (Post 207271)
ok if not ill post agine tomarrow i just read that there are two crank sensors and that my egr valve might be bad also some one told me my fuel filter so thats all easy stuff to do im just hoping it is something simple

also i listened to the fuel pump i when my car was dyeing i noticed the pump was making a wierd noise so i think thats just from lack of the battery charging and the car dying at the same time

Figure anything out with this, just wondering as my 99 l36 z34 is doing the same thing?

rodman 06-22-2010 09:14 PM

my 96 monte is doing the same thing with no check engine lite on.......any ideas?