Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Case relearn after canned PCM not working (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/case-relearn-after-canned-pcm-not-working-58450/)

Keudn 06-09-2017 01:34 PM

Case relearn after canned PCM not working

I bought a canned PCM from will over at overkill motorsports and after installing it I had a check engine light and the car says change engine oil for a few seconds. I followed his instructions on doing a case relearn 5 times but it isn't working. I called a couple shops here in Lawrence but none of them will touch aftermarket tunes and they told me to take it to somewhere in KC. Anyone have advice for me?

Also, my aeroforce interceptor is reading one code, P0315

The_Maniac 06-10-2017 03:37 PM

Have you cleared the codes?
I know from my work with PCMs, if I use a tuning file from another source, it holds any old codes that were in the system and the current oil life information.

Also, have you contacted WIll since he did your tune?

Keudn 06-10-2017 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 703859)
Have you cleared the codes?
I know from my work with PCMs, if I use a tuning file from another source, it holds any old codes that were in the system and the current oil life information.

Also, have you contacted WIll since he did your tune?

I haven't cleared any codes, is that something my aeroforce interceptor will do? And I haven't contacted him yet

The_Maniac 06-16-2017 06:13 PM

I never messed with an aeroforce interceptor, but it probably can. You'll have to look up the instructions. If not, plenty of cheap car code tools out there.

nitehawkjcb 06-21-2017 11:02 PM

Yes, you can clear codes with an Aeroforce. It's in the same menu as check DTC's if I recall correctly.

96z34man 06-23-2017 10:29 PM

You can clear codes with a $20 OBDII scanner from Walmart.

wht02monte 06-24-2017 10:24 AM

Some, like the 2nd o2 sensor code (p402 is it??) can and will keep coming back..

I have my pcm tuned with that code deleted, and I have my own scanner and it just KEEPS coming back..

AwesomeSS 06-24-2017 10:17 PM

Monte Carlos are very touchy when it comes to messing around with the PCM. I had that problem with my 05SS. I bought a PCM with a canned tune from ZZP. Tried all of the relearn stuff and my code didn't go away. Mine was an airbag light. I had to end up sending them my original PCM to get it tuned. When I got it back and installed it, no problems.

Keudn 06-26-2017 12:24 PM

Sorry for not replying guys, I stopped getting emails for some reason :confused:

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb (Post 704177)
Yes, you can clear codes with an Aeroforce. It's in the same menu as check DTC's if I recall correctly.

I have tried with my Aeroforce gauge and it doesn't fix anything. I have talked with Will some but he hasn't been replying very quickly. I called KC Maxx and the local dealership and they both want $130 to do the procedure.

nitehawkjcb 06-26-2017 04:16 PM

If you clear the code, it can still come back. If you want the code deleted from the PCM, that's another story.

In your post prior to mine, you stated you didn't know if the Aeroforce could even clear codes, hence my response.

I'd keep in contact with the vendor and see what they can do to help, as I'm sure there's a warranty.