Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Building a New Engine!!! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/building-new-engine-242/)

Boost 04-06-2005 08:43 AM

Building a New Engine!!!

Well,
I did it. My car club, Midnite Tuners, just picked up a laptop to tune their cars. I have alot of automotive software including Desktop Dyno 2000.

If your going to be building a motor for your car, i can help you. I can find out the Max HP and Torque with this program before u spend the money to build your motor. The program uses spects of your engine and comes up with a pretty accurate dyno test. The Test is only off by about 10 hp and 20 ft lbs of torque...

Just PM me and i will give u the list of spects that i need for your motor.

Cobramen 04-25-2005 01:34 AM

RE: Building a New Engine!!!

Sounds interesting as im about to dyno my car in about a month or two when i get it running, what info do you need from me, it would be cool to see what my little motor is going to do to my behemoth lol.

Boost 04-25-2005 09:35 AM

here is what i need:

Type of block
Bore
Stroke
Type of heads
Intake Valve size
Exhaust Valve Size
Compression Ratio
Induction Flow CFM
Manifold Type
Fuel Type (Gasoline, Nitrous, Methanol)
Exhaust Type (Short/Large Tube Headers, Mufflers, Open Exhaust)
Camshaft Type (Drag, Oval Track, Street Strip, Street, Stock)
Lifters (Hydraulic, Solid, or Roller)
Cam Intake and Exhaust Valve Lift
Cam Duration
Timing Advance/Retard

On Forced inducted cars, Im gonna need more information
I also need to know the HP shot of Nitrous if ur running nitrous, I can do a N/A Run and a Nirtous Run...

Get Your Product Spec Sheets Out...

marcello7x 04-19-2006 02:13 PM

wow i would love to find out the hp of the monte im about to buy, but i definatly don't know any of that info. Im buying an 87 ls from my dads couzin, but he did an engine swap, and basically all new performance parts ontop of the swap. And he threw in nos.

Do you guys know if haveing the car put on a real dyno is expensive?

montejass 04-19-2006 02:30 PM

Dyno test run from $50 up depending on what you want them to do. Most of these dyno shops offer tuning &/or upgrade packages.

85ss 05-01-2006 01:27 AM

hey i had mine rebuilt but now im thinking of doing an ls1 swap with a manual trans what would be beter fixing up the stok or going with the swap

85ss 05-01-2006 01:31 AM

hey i had my engine rebuilt on my 85 mcss but now im thinking of doing an ls1 swap with a manual trans what would be beter fixing up the stok or going with the swap how much will that cost

mickey 08-29-2006 09:12 PM

hey boost you dont by chance have any pulls for a stock SS with the N/A 3800 do you?

Trying to find a base line for what my car should be shifting at etc... so that i can reflash it and have it relearn when i add the shfit kit in to it.

Also so i can get a pretty acurate starting point for a reflash on the shift points with the programmer.

OR if any one knows wher ei could find a stock dyno pull it wold be great

zk6216 03-25-2008 09:05 PM

hey that sounds cool what do i need for a 97 monte carlo LS with a 3.1 V6

mickey 03-25-2008 09:43 PM

depend on what you wan tto do with it.
if your looking at just a build up you have mos tof the parts unless you plan to bore it out when you start punching out motors things get changed real fast and also real exspensive real fast.
but it is not unheard of im sure.