Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Bahdeets 07 Monte New Comp Turbo Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'll run a 9 second for ya. let me drive it lol.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by BLOWNLS4
I look forward to seeing some dyno and 1/4 mile results and meeting up with Sam at Milan Dragway this summer or fall.
I beleive that if it was posted far enough in advance a few of us would come up and you on.
Please give us dates on when you will be running.
The track is only just over 3 hours from me.

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
Geeezz it looks beast! haha

i like that impala front end too
This Monte is ridiculously awesome.
For the front end is it a direct bolt on or is there a few mods needed?

Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Impala is a direct bolt on for the year '06 or '07. However the bottom lip on the Impala is about 2" shorter in overall length and the splitter has to be shortened to fit. I got this idea from Greg Miller, he was my inspiration because he did his first. He cut his splitter in the middle and bonded it there, I cut each end of mine and shortened it there. He made one cut, I made two cuts. And that's it, otherwise there is no difference. I used my stock fenderwells as I think Greg did also. There was some work fitting the fender wells back in for me but no real modifications - you know the usual hole that just did not quiet line up.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 PM

@bahdeets is there a difference in the headlights? They look identical between Monte and Impala.
Thanks

Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 PM
15 Year Member

Bait: The headlights are identical, they have the same part numbers and are interchangeable.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by bahdeets
Bait: The headlights are identical, they have the same part numbers and are interchangeable.
So everything else would line up hood fenders and bumper. I like the Imp more due to being open at the fog lights.

Thanks again.

P.S. When the day comes, I'll stress when, I'll do a write up step-by-step.
I have a few other things on priority some wants some needs.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 PM
15 Year Member

Bait: Everything lines up. Hood, fenders, headlights, upper grille - they are all the same patterns whether it is an Monte or Impala. These cars are what you call W-bodies and except for a few differences - there is little or no difference in any of the parts or how they bolt up - you can easily take about any part off an Impala and put it on a Monte or vice versa. I have a complete parts list for both cars and the redundancy is probably around 90% or more. Kiddingly, you could mix and match parts and have a Monte Pala or an Impa Carlo.
Please note my experience comes only from the '06 & '07's - seventh generation only.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Interestingly too, the attachment points for the Pontiac Grand Prix GXP are the same also. I switched over to the FE2 suspension set up a while ago.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Good afternoon all. I just wanted to keep everyone updated on Sam's Monte.

Continuing dialog: June 8th...
My tranny pan spacer is on, my tech said it's a thing of beauty. I made that myself or at least did all the design and engineering on it; it will be attached with longer ARP bolts. The spacer will give me an extra 3-1/4 quarts of fluid - that will of course help with tranny cooling. My cradle has been notched to fit the lowered tranny pan. It was notched about 1" in width and 14" long and about 1/4" deep, that's at least the size of the flat aluminum bar that will go back in to re-brace the cradle to insure it retains its structural integrity. Waiting for the exhaust system to come back from the coater. Just having that re-done. The headers and downpipe will be black and from there everything else will be silver. We picked the coatings that would give me the best protection from heat and that was the black and silver. The headers will still have the silver heat shields so you will hardly be able to tell they are black - not that it matters. The first coatings were starting to rust already and my tech was unhappy with the quality of material used so he switched and redid it.
I got my hood vents sent to Utah and they will be there Monday and hopefully painted in the next week or so to match. You know on that Chrysler forum I was on this guy had a SRT he was racing off road and he put some hood vents on (the job he did was kinda of hacked but it served a purpose) - he said it probably lowered his compartment temperature 30 or more degrees and he could see lower temps in his water gauge how much lower I don't know but lower of any amount is good. I saw on the Jeep forum a guy put vents in and put a rag over the vents when the car was running and you could see the heat escaping by the movement of the rag - and that rag waved like a flag in a hard breeze. I am not 100% sold on my vents or I would just put them on. With the NACA vents if I can fit them, removing my hood seal, my cowl openings, the Impala Bumper, an added pusher fan on the radiator and the rear radiator if my temps are where they are supposed to be I may simply put the hood vents on the back burner and install them at a later date even if I put them on at all.
I definitely want to keep the stock look and those vents as you well know are not stock on our cars. Someone on the MCF already has said that even my chrome fuel door looks cheezie. That may be true but I like it. That door is car show quality and was not cheap to do. And it is the only thing for the exception of my flush mounted black hood pins that is not stock on the exterior of the car. Any way I talk to much and you aren't feeling well, get better and we will talk later.

June 15th...
Greg: Great news, new tuned damper arrived and is installed - perfect fit. Cradle is notched, gussetted and rewelded for the dropped tranny pan. AISI 1095 Tranny washers, convertor, pan spacer & new ARP bolts, flexplate all installed - ready to put back in car, control arms - all parts here, design done - now to cut, weld, assemble, powder coat and install. Recoated exhaust back from coater waiting to be installed. Not sure on Alternator cooling duct yet but have to be close. Because I am using an ABACO MAF the K&N filter has to be replaced. ABACO recommends conical inverted filter - my tech said he would order that next week. The only company that makes one large enough is S&B filter in California. Did the research on Naca ducts you suggested and all options are now in Tech's hands to make decision which one or two will work. Hood vents will be off to painter in day or so. Already sent them earlier this week. I asked my tech to put an in line fuel temperature gauge somewhere, don't know if he is or not. I sent him an adhesive backed thermometer to stick on my reservoir tank in the trunk so I know the temperature of the intercooler coolant.
My dash pod has to be repaired. Not sure when that will be done. Very soon. My intake marquis has to be made same time.
I didn't tell you but I replaced the serpentine belt with a Gates HD - has alot more strength than the stock one - impossible to rip, tear or break.
Did you ever notice I had my electrical fuse box in the engine compartment chrome plated it is in one of my pix I am sure. This week I sent out my Brake Reservoir cap to chrome plate. The only reason I did that is because we are using Dot 4 brake fluid and the cap says Dot 3. I had one engraved with Dot 4 but it looked bad so I thought a plain chrome one would look nice and if there is no indication what type of fluid is listed on the cap someone will ask first I hope before putting any in - that is if I ever let anyone ever touch this car, LOL!! And my wheel adaptors should be back in a few days. Having steel pressed in inserts put in the centers - these will be fitted to my front and rear hubs. The rear adaptors we are finishing as thin as possible to make sure those 275's are inside the wells in the back. The adaptors for the front are only going to be used so I can get wider slicks on the car at the track - otherwise it will be 255's on the street. Talk soon. SAM

Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM

This thing is ridiculously awesome. This is what i would classify as a "Titan" lol

Quick Reply: Bahdeets 07 Monte New Comp Turbo Installed