Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

'04 SS Intimidator w/ supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Default RE: '04 SS Intimidator w/ supercharger

Thanks for the compliments.. the goal is to make it user accessible and easy to read and see the performance upgrades and how they would benefit the 3800 Series II. Although RocknSS04 is ahead of me on installs

Also, I feel you pain.. I had a cargo van with a 31 gallon tank.. glad to get rid of it for a premium loving car

And not to hijack, but WAYNE, PLEASE MAKE A POST ABOUT HOW ZZP DOES FOR YOU AFTER YOU GO LATER TODAY!

Old 10-26-2007, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Wayne. I built a homemade FWI for the '04 LS we have (with PVC pipes and the like with a K&N filter at the other end. It made a little difference on the 3.4. With the PVC painted to match the car, the engine bay looks real good too. I plan on doing the same with the Intimidator. Since it can exhaust nice with the duals, making it breathe easier should help. Once the money is a little better, other mods will happen I'm sure. At the moment, I'll be looking at the FWI then slotted/drilled rotors. I installed them on the LS and man.... does this car stop on a dime now. So I'm real pleased with that and want to do the same on the intimidator.
So, thanks to you both Wayne and Explosive for the good comments and I will try to improve the car soon but that may have to wait a little with winter around the corner.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

My next install for brakes is the F-body dual piston brakes. Already have them,and the stainless lines, but haven't got them powder coated yet. Soon.
As I am attempting to remodel my sisters house for her (she is handicapped), money is EXTRA tight right now. Like an old boss once said, "Want more money, work more hours!"
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 10-27-2007, 10:37 AM

Hey there Rick... where from Ontario are you? I'm just outside of Toronto in Ajax.

I've been modding my Monte since 2004, and have just gone through a complete rebuild earlier this year... these engines are virtually bulletproof, but when you get to a real serious mod level like me, things can happen, but it's part of the game. If you do the right mods, and ensure you have the right tune, you can squeeze lots of life out of the L67, and run strong, and safe.

Someone earlier in the thread that it doesn't matter which intake you buy, so long as you get one. This is partly true. With the SC sucking as much air from the intake as it can, you want to ensure it's the coldest air possible, and least restrictive. Go with a setup that has a short pipe, big filter, and has a proper seal to prevent the heat from the engine bay being pulled into the intake. Overkill's Gen2 FWI is a great setup, and the WizAired from ZZP is also a great one. The others in my opinion just do not stand up to the test... this is based on feedback that I have seen written over time from users who are serious about quality and making peak power.

PM if you have any questions about your setup, or post them up here, and I"ll be glad to share... Enjoy your '04 SS... you won't regret a single minute of ownership!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member

I'm in Waterloo. The FWI I built for my other '04 LS was made with PVC pipe and a K&N filter at the end, with a roof flashing rubber covering the hole in the fender stopping the heat from getting in there. It did make a difference in throttle response to the 3.4 so I'm hoping it will do the same for the mighty intimidator :-)
I'm not a full out tuner per say. I dabble but I am interested in what can be done inexpensively to the car to get a bit more power.
Lots of great info on here and will definitely keep researching.
Thanks for the great comments.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM

hey ive been modding mine for a while now. think im at a point where i need help with some ideas.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:52 PM

I can't see your sig jshep... what mods have you done on your L67Monte?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM

set of dale earnhardt floor mats, 180 thermostat, 103 plugs, k&n air intake, headers, 3" catback, 1.9 rockers, stage 2 throttle body( which is defective right now), 3.4 pulley, dhp tuner( isnt compatiable with vista), tinted windows, set of black rims.

i think my next mod might be intercooler/ if the 0 knock keeps up a 3.25 pulley.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Wow, I go from the forum for 3 weeks due to personal issues and I missed this.

Congrats on the purchase. You shouldn't need to worry about the engine or supercharger at all. As Rob said these engines are next to bulletproof.

If you have any questions though feel free to fire away.

Old 08-30-2024, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by sorcier11
I'm in Waterloo. The FWI I built for my other '04 LS was made with PVC pipe and a K&N filter at the end, with a roof flashing rubber covering the hole in the fender stopping the heat from getting in there. It did make a difference in throttle response to the 3.4 so I'm hoping it will do the same for the mighty intimidator :-)
I'm not a full out tuner per say. I dabble but I am interested in what can be done inexpensively to the car to get a bit more power.
Lots of great info on here and will definitely keep researching.
Thanks for the great comments.
First off let me say that ZZP Performance is amazing. ESPECIALLY in regards to the 3800 motor. Another great place(for quality performance mods, at a sensible price) is CHIP YOUR CAR PERFORMANCE.COM They make an OBD2 performance chip that really sets things off. I went with the stage 2 (which advertised it would add at least 60hp&8mpg. For $239.99 with LIFETIME warranty. Warranty meaning if I change anything on the car like add more upgrades, I can send it back to them they'll reprogram it however I want and theyll send it back. Believe me I asked) and it more then delivers! In a basically stock 3.4L LS except for a cold air intake I pieced together from pieces found at AutoZone, O'Reilly's, and Advanced, a back yard cat back exhaust, and an A/C bypass pulley. I can lay down a 7.5 sec 1/4 mile 0-60 in 5-7secs (depending on weather I'm shifting it myself, or letting the automatic trans do it's thing). Best part is, I can plug it into another Monte Carlo and the tune will work on it, at least while it's plugged in.

Quick Reply: '04 SS Intimidator w/ supercharger